Nissan Titan Forum banner
1 - 11 of 11 Posts

·
Premium Member
2,788 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I FINALLY got them, actually the wait wasn't too bad, just a couple of weeks. These are the Titanium (colored), SS, ceramic coated headers from JBA. So far I'm impressed with how thick the flange is and how stout everything looks on them. There's only one problem I found on them and that's in the photo looking into the collector area. The welds weren't smoothed out in there, BUT, they will be soon.. :twisted:

The exit at the collector is 2.5" which is a plus because that's the size of my straight pipes that I installed to replace my aft cats, so everything will be the same size. Another thing that kind of surprised me is that the O2 bungs are already there so I don't have to worry about having some installed on the straight pipes that will soon be welded to them.

ooooooooooo, I'm stoked and bummed. I probably won't be able to start this project until next Friday night... :cry: Oh well, hopefully this time next weekend I will have them on, which of course means I'll have to hit the dyno too. I'm hoping for 300 to the rear wheels which means I'll have to gain about 18 to 20hp. That may be a little much to ask for but I can at least hope for now... :)

Well, here they are:

G

·
Since you can't install them until Friday maybe you will have enough time to take the die grinder to those nasty welds! Glad you got them in and am looking forward to the results.

·
Premium Member
2,788 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
That's exactly what I'm going to do, probably tomorrow. I don't need any hot spots of which that will cause. At least they did a great job where they meet the heads. Those are nice and smooth.

·
Registered
470 Posts
*Sa-weeet!!!*

G

·
I'm happy for ya Jt getting the headers. I got to say though, I would be a bit upset paying that much and getting something lloking like this

·
Registered
1,319 Posts
Cool, can't wait till you dyno. Might just get you close to, if not over, the 300 rwhp mark!

·
Premium Member
2,788 Posts
Discussion Starter · #7 ·
I'm trying not to get my hopes up because there's a bunch of things these could cause. For one it could shift my peak hp and torque higher into the rpm range and positively kill my low end due to the larger primary pipes. :cry: BUT, they could also do the opposite as well... :) I'm hoping for the best of course, and big gains, we'll see... 8)

·
Registered
2,413 Posts
JetTech said:
I'm trying not to get my hopes up because there's a bunch of things these could cause. For one it could shift my peak hp and torque higher into the rpm range and positively kill my low end due to the larger primary pipes. :cry: BUT, they could also do the opposite as well... :) I'm hoping for the best of course, and big gains, we'll see... 8)
Please let me know what happens! I plan on doing four mods to the Titan very soon and the JBA headers are one of them.

I'm getting a base run done on the truck while it's still stock in a few weeks.

·
Registered
1,319 Posts
Yeah, the JBA's are shorties, so your gains will probably come in the upper-mid to higher RPM ranges. I doubt you'll lose any on the low end, though. I was worried about that when I put the Downey's on my Tundra, which were also shorties. They surprised me though, cause I lost nothing on the low-end and even had some nice gains in the midrange.
What size are those primaries......1 5/8"?

It'll be a while before I do headers, if at all, on the Titan. That'll give me more time to wait for some long tube, equal length ones.

·
Premium Member
2,788 Posts
Discussion Starter · #11 ·
RockyMtnTitan said:
What size are those primaries......1 5/8"?
Yes they are, and I won't know the exact size of the stock ones until I get them off, a quess would be 1 3/8" to 1 1/2".

1 - 11 of 11 Posts