Nissan Titan Forum banner
1 - 8 of 8 Posts

·
Registered
263 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
So I really just wanted to keep her stock....but with the manifolds cracked, the JBA's are cheaper than Nissan replacement manifolds.
Today I ordered the JBA shorties, high flow cats, and a JBA catback system.

Plan on headers, new cats, then down to the stock secondary cats, and then out the jba catback.

anybody running this setup? how do you like it and any pointers? I hope it wont be too loud, at least not too bad in the cab while driving...

·
Registered
188 Posts
the drone is very light with the jba set up. I have the same set up except I did away with the secondary set of cats, that made it a little louder. You can def hear it well when you get into the throttle but other than that its very quiet inside the cab. You will also be noticing much better throttle response and power. You should think about doing an uprev tuner as you will most likely be leaning out the a/f ratio a bit. If you do the uprev and cai with all of the exhaust your doing you will have a truck that runs circles around the stock setup. Also, if your doing the work yourself make sure you have plenty of time as the headers can be a bit of a pain in the a$$ to install.

·
Registered
263 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
I already have the S&B Intake. And I am having the work done by a shop in anchorage that does alot of custom performance work. (I don't have a garage or a welder just yet) He didn't think I would need a tune since I will retain 4 cats in the system.
How would I know if I am running too rich or too lean after the work is done? Check Engine light?? I was trying to keep the cost down by not having to get a tuner. I dont know much about the aftermarket tuners, but might consider one if there are enough benefits.
I cant wait to hear the new exhaust!

·
Registered
422 Posts
You'll love the jba. Just put a catback on mine and with the s&b it sounds great at wot. Idle is real mellow and not much drone. At hwy speed its not much louder than stock.

·
Registered
422 Posts
My bully dog reads 13-14 on the a/f monitor. You should be fine.

·
Registered
263 Posts
Discussion Starter · #6 ·
thanks for the info. cant wait to have it all installed

·
Registered
263 Posts
Discussion Starter · #7 ·
The guy doing the install said he could eliminate the secondary cats. How restrictive are the secondary cats and if eliminated, would that then change the air fuel ratio to a point where I would need a tune? would i then remain "street legal?"
I am still impatiently waiting for the parts to arrive....cant wait to put my foot in it.

·
Registered
263 Posts
Discussion Starter · #8 ·
Finally got the titan back. I love the new exhaust. Gobs of power. Nice exhaust note at startup, idle, etc. It has a bit of a drone at highway speed, but I can get used to it.
The labor came it at double the estimate. The mechanic said the header bolts were seized up terribly and lots of rust on the stock setup. Actually had to replace a couple of the studs.
But it still came in under what Nissan quoted to just replace manifolds.
I brought it home the other day, re-torqued the bolts and put the wheel liners back in. Good to go!

1 - 8 of 8 Posts