Nissan Titan Forum banner
1 - 18 of 18 Posts

·
Registered
883 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I have volaint intake, gibson exhaust, JBA headers and would like to finish titan with ecu upgrade. Has anyone in forum had jet chip ecu upgrade done? Jet told me they already done this upgrade on titans with great results. I think they told me 15-19 at the wheels on the dyno.

·
Premium Member
2,788 Posts
Jet is now making a chip for the Titans??? Wow, that's news to me, the last time I checked with them they weren't even working on one. That's great news, I'm anxious to see how it performs. Any idea of when they will be available?

·
Go fast tester
11,912 Posts
That's a little bit too permanent for my blood.

·
Premium Member
2,788 Posts
The programmer I'm waiting for will have user options instead of just a piggyback controller. I want to be able to select the settings I want like the one hypertech sells for the GM's. Maybe someday...

·
Premium Member
5,842 Posts
JetTech said:
The programmer I'm waiting for will have user options instead of just a piggyback controller. I want to be able to select the settings I want like the one hypertech sells for the GM's. Maybe someday...
Now thats what I am interested in. Something that can be changed back.
M4ck

·
Registered
791 Posts
kuntao said:
in is not a chip but you have to send in your computer for a ecu upgrade and they said they can tune to any modifications you may have.
I don't understand? If they have the ability to tune the Titan's ECU why not put out an OBD-II Programmer? JET is local to me so maybe I will stop by there and investigate. They blueprinted a Holley 750 Double Pumper (4150) for me for my Chevelle some years back and did a stellar job!

·
Registered
1,705 Posts
thauler, you sound like the perfect canadit to go talk to jet. would you do that and get back with us, i know there is all types of power and shifting abilitys to unlock on our trucks.

·
Registered
791 Posts
SMOKEDYA2 said:
thauler, you sound like the perfect canadit to go talk to jet. would you do that and get back with us, i know there is all types of power and shifting abilitys to unlock on our trucks.
I will see if I can pop in there sometime this next week. I will let you know.

·
Registered
6 Posts
That would be great if you can get more info. I'd also like to know if I get into trouble (ie. warranty issues), is there a way to flash it back to stock without the dealership knowing it was modified?

·
Registered
1,319 Posts
Jet Chip burns a new ROM chip and solders it in place of your oe chip. This is why you have to send the ecu to them. To get it back to oe, you'd have to have them, or someone else (yourself, if your brave enough) resolder the oe chip back in place. You'd have to go thru this process each time you add another performance mod, and even at that, you're at the mercy of the programmer to provide the correct fuel and timing mapping for your mods. Kinda hard to do this accurately w/o having a Titan w/ same mods to tune it with. Personally, I'll be happy to wait a little longer for a programmer to come out. Technosquare is getting pretty close, as well as others.

·
Registered
6 Posts
Thanks for the good info. Definite seems like it's worth waiting for a programer. By the time I have all the mods done (and paid for), they should have something on the market.

·
Registered
791 Posts
the_head said:
Hey Hauler - what ever became of this? Did you get a chance to stop by?
You know I haven't had the chance. I am usually in their area a few times a week but it seems like lately I have been on the other side of town. Hopefully I will get some work out their way soon and I will let you know.

·
Registered
470 Posts
Be sure to tell 'em there are a lot of us over here that want one !!!

1 - 18 of 18 Posts