Premium Member
9,246 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
How long before he does it?

Attachments

·
Premium Member
2,788 Posts
oh, you so funny Bixll......I've slapped my knee sore from that one....oh, I need to go rest now, I don't think I can take it anymore.... 8O

Just remember oh bored one, your the one who started it.....and now it's my time to finish it.....bahahahahahhahaaa :twisted:

·
Premium Member
9,246 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
I just figured with all Delta is going through, they would never miss just one engine! I am not convinced you would not try it, if you could get away with it!

·
Registered
71 Posts
All B/S aside ...

Has anybody ever read that story about the guy out west that hooked up a JATO rocket to his car ?

The Arizona Highway Patrol were mystified when they came upon a pile of smoldering wreckage embedded in the side of a cliff rising above the road at the apex of a curve. The metal debris resembled the site of an airplane crash, but it turned out to be the vaporized remains of an automobile. The make of the vehicle was unidentifiable at the scene.

The folks in the lab finally figured out what it was, and pieced together the events that led up to its demise.

It seems that a former Air Force sergeant had somehow got hold of a JATO (Jet Assisted Take-Off) unit. JATO units are solid fuel rockets used to give heavy military transport airplanes an extra push for take-off from short airfields.

Dried desert lakebeds are the location of choice for breaking the world ground vehicle speed record. The sergeant took the JATO unit into the Arizona desert and found a long, straight stretch of road. He attached the JATO unit to his car, jumped in, accelerated to a high speed, and fired off the rocket.

The facts, as best as could be determined, are as follows:

The operator was driving a 1967 Chevy Impala. He ignited the JATO unit approximately 3.9 miles from the crash site. This was established by the location of a prominently scorched and melted strip of asphalt. The vehicle quickly reached a speed of between 250 and 300 mph and continued at that speed, under full power, for an additional 20-25 seconds. The soon-to-be pilot experienced G-forces usually reserved for dog-fighting F-14 jocks under full afterburners.

The Chevy remained on the straight highway for approximately 2.6 miles (15-20 seconds) before the driver applied the brakes, completely melting them, blowing the tires, and leaving thick rubber marks on the road surface. The vehicle then became airborne for an additional 1.3 miles, impacted the cliff face at a height of 125 feet, and left a blackened crater 3 feet deep in the rock.

Most of the driver's remains were not recovered; however, small fragments of bone, teeth, and hair were extracted from the crater, and fingernail and bone shards were removed from a piece of debris believed to be a portion of the steering wheel.

Ironically a still-legible bumper sticker was found, reading
"How do you like my driving? Dial 1-800-EAT-****."
The story above is obviously an urban legend ...

But ... it has been done ... unmanned ...

This is long .. but a funny read ...

http://www.wagoneers.com/pages/RocketCar/rockit.html

:D

·
Registered
41 Posts
Speaking about "the wise one" Jettech has been outside all day working on his truck taking off the exhaust manifolds. And I went out there a while ago to ask him how he was doing he said he was fine. So then I went on to ask him if he would like to hear the radio. He said yes and then asked me if I knew who sung the song "SOME BEACH" I said no. Then asked him why He said becaue he had been singing that song all night and could relate to it. I sat there and laugh my head off :lol: :lol: :lol: . Just want to share with you guys what he is doing so you all could get a laugh too

·
Premium Member
9,246 Posts
Discussion Starter · #6 ·
"The wise one"???? Oh man MrsjetTech, he even has you bamboozeled!

·
Premium Member
9,246 Posts
Discussion Starter · #8 ·
MrsJetTech said:
BiXLL said:
"The wise one"???? Oh man MrsjetTech, he even has you bamboozeled!
I wish you could see him. It's really kicking his butt.
Take some unposed pics!

·
Premium Member
9,246 Posts
Discussion Starter · #10 ·
Pictures!!! We need pictures! Especially if he is wearing those cute white gloves!

·
Premium Member
2,788 Posts
that's right all, laugh it up....This mod is pure HELL!!! Satan himself thought this one up... :evil: It took me about 4 hours just to remove the right manifold!! Oh yeah, and it would have been nice had JBA let people know that you're better off removing the engine then to attempt this per their directions.... 8O

The biggest problem is of course space, AND the bolts and nuts were installed by the same guy who installed the oil filters at the factory.. :D

Oh yeah, and did I forget to mention that you HAVE to remove the motor mounts too. Oh, this saga just keeps getting better and better. :x

I would like to ask all members to please visit their local Red Cross and donate blood because I will surely need it by the time this mod is over.... :lol:

·
Registered
71 Posts
JetTech said:
that's right all, laugh it up....This mod is pure HELL!!! Satan himself thought this one up... :evil: It took me about 4 hours just to remove the right manifold!! Oh yeah, and it would have been nice had JBA let people know that you're better off removing the engine then to attempt this per their directions.... 8O

The biggest problem is of course space, AND the bolts and nuts were installed by the same guy who installed the oil filters at the factory.. :D

Oh yeah, and did I forget to mention that you HAVE to remove the motor mounts too. Oh, this saga just keeps getting better and better. :x

I would like to ask all members to please visit their local Red Cross and donate blood because I will surely need it by the time this mod is over.... :lol:
Sort of makes you appreciate those great big cowlings ... that come off easily ... making everything easy to get to ...

Don't it ??

:lol:

:D

·
Premium Member
5,842 Posts
LOL hang in there big guy. You will get it. I thought you were waiting until next weekend. Just couldn't hold off could ya.
The were wearing a hole through the garage floor. LOL
M4ck

·
Registered
168 Posts
Git a grip...BiXLL :mrgreen: !!! I'll admit, with those gloves...he too, is "Damn Sexy...Man!" :wink:

·
Premium Member
2,788 Posts
I can see where this mod would be easier on 2wd models because the entire front differential is in the way making access even more difficult. I promise to stop whining when this is over, I'm guessing sometime after xmas.... :lol:

·
Premium Member
9,246 Posts
Discussion Starter · #16 ·

·
Premium Member
2,788 Posts
Bixll, I'm not kidding here either. I don't even think I would wish this mod on you... :lol:

All I can say is these babies had better make some darn good numbers or you'll hear the screaming all the way from GA!!! :lol: :lol:

If the numbers go down, I will probably remove the engine to switch back, and no I'm not kidding!!! 8O

·
Registered
33 Posts
Jet be careful in there or Mrs Jet may just have to buy a supercharged Titan with the insurance money!

Hehehehehe

Chris

·
Premium Member
9,246 Posts
Discussion Starter · #19 ·
CaliforniaTitan said:
Jet be careful in there or Mrs Jet may just have to buy a supercharged Titan with the insurance money!

Hehehehehe

Chris
Good job Chris, kickem when he is down! Seriously JT, hang in there man, you'll have it right in no time!

·
Premium Member
2,788 Posts
That's ok all......laugh it up while you can... :lol:

Here's a bit of cruel irony for you all as well. Look at the factory manifolds.....they look VERY good... :cry:

Here's some pics of Satans right arm.... :twisted:

1 - 20 of 46 Posts