Registered
145 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
So ill start with my current setup:
-JL Audio Stealth Box (2x10")
-JVC Arsenal KD A805
-Ryval V8001 amp
-all door speakers are stock

System was fine, outputted some very decent bass, but then the bass started to "cut out" or "go away" after running for a little bit or on really heavy bass songs.
Took it to the local shop where I bought everything and had it installed, they said cause of my settings on the deck, I basically fried the amp. They kindly replaced with a brand new one (same exact model I had before) and told me to not mess with the settings for a week to break in the amp (anyone heard of this?!?), and they gave it back to me with hardly any bass, its not even nearly as hard hitting as it was before.

Im new to this, as you can tell, and its been a week and a half and still havent touched the settings, any suggestions on what I could do to get my bass back?

·
Registered
1,572 Posts
Retune the amp :)

ive never heard of "Breaking in an Amp" subwoofers on the other hand yes. But an amp doesnt have moving parts so if somethings going to go out itll go out whenever Tuned wrong or not

·
Registered
145 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
Yeah true....I'll see if I can just do an even trade and pay the difference for something better, cause its a brand new amp still so hopefully they wont be D*%&s about it lol. Any suggestions on what works well the JL stealth box/2x10" subs?

·
Registered
1,676 Posts
I think it might be your sub needs allot of power and your amp ant strong enough so it burned out your amp....happened to me.....I just got a stronger amp for the sub

·
Registered
145 Posts
Discussion Starter #6
I'll make a stop at the shop and see what they have in stock. I dont have that much $$$ to put down on the difference for a new one. Ill check back in with what I do/get for th readers out there. Still taking suggestions though if anyone has run this setup!!!

·
Registered
145 Posts
Discussion Starter #7
So Im able to trade in the amp straight up for a bigger one if I wanted to, but I think im going to get new door speakers and amp for them and see how the subs and everything are after that install. Any suggestions on what speakers to get as well as amp, and also point me in the direction of where to go. I went to bestbuy and with install for 4 new polkaudio speakers with amp was lik 560?

·
Registered
1 Posts
Good inexpensive speakers

So Im able to trade in the amp straight up for a bigger one if I wanted to, but I think im going to get new door speakers and amp for them and see how the subs and everything are after that install. Any suggestions on what speakers to get as well as amp, and also point me in the direction of where to go. I went to bestbuy and with install for 4 new polkaudio speakers with amp was lik 560?
Hey my name is Stepfonza and I am new to the site, but I have been in ther car stereo game for a long time. I just want to say that CDT makes a very nice speaker and it is very inexpensive. I have a pair in my ranger and JL Audio C5 in my titan. The CDT's 61/2 components only cost me $169 where as the JL C5's cost $399. They both sound very good, but there is a very distinctive sound between the two. My Titan is all Jl/Alpine, my ranger is a little bit of every thing. You can purchase the CDT's from Woofersetc.com. They have really good product great customer service, I have been buying from them for about 5 years.

·
Registered
145 Posts
Discussion Starter #9
I went with the polk a's 6.5" and 6x9" they sound pretty good, just need an amp for them now.....any suggestions???

1 - 9 of 9 Posts