Nissan Titan Forum banner
1 - 19 of 19 Posts

·
Registered
1,705 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
went to drop tail gate on the new 05 model and found it to be a spring loaded tail gate. this was so cool consedering mine falls like a ton of bricks and has the weight to match it. anyone know if this is something we could adapt to our 04's? I also want the headrests and rear diff cover off the 05 model

·
Registered
1,513 Posts
I will eventually do this change also, but I want others to be the guinea pig first. The other week when I downloaded the '04 service manual I also downloaded the tailgate stuff from the '05 service manual. The tailgate is definitely heavy. A few days ago when I was at the tire shop the mechanic dropped my tailgate to get a couple of large work truck tires out. He said he just about broke his arm off because he didn't expect the tailgate to be that heavy.

G

·
SMOKEDYA2 said:
went to drop tail gate on the new 05 model and found it to be a spring loaded tail gate. this was so cool consedering mine falls like a ton of bricks and has the weight to match it. anyone know if this is something we could adapt to our 04's? I also want the headrests and rear diff cover off the 05 model
It is not spring loaded. It has a strut in the right fender.

I am still waiting on my backordered parts to switch my 04 to the 05 tailgate assist.

·
Registered
1,705 Posts
Discussion Starter · #5 ·
well Titan_tx let us know how much it cost to switch it over and how east or hard it was, this is defintely something that needs to be done so the steel stopper cables dont break and let the tail gate go down to far and cause damage.
I also dont want to be guinea pig

G

·
SMOKEDYA2 said:
well Titan_tx let us know how much it cost to switch it over and how east or hard it was, this is defintely something that needs to be done so the steel stopper cables dont break and let the tail gate go down to far and cause damage.
I also dont want to be guinea pig
I plan too, just waiting on the darn parts! :(

·
Registered
1,705 Posts
Discussion Starter · #7 ·
what did dealer hit you up for the parts? how long on back order?

·
Registered
1,705 Posts
Discussion Starter · #8 ·
just found out the 4 part #'s that you need to do the job
part #'s
93480-ZH000
93481-ZH000 x 2
93470-ZH000

total price for all 4 parts is $64

G

·
SMOKEDYA2 said:
what did dealer hit you up for the parts? how long on back order?
South Point Nissan in Austin, TX where Dave Burnette works. He deals with alot of the Nissan clubs with discounts, etc. Known him for oh 5 years. He has his resources to get parts and usually can get them before anyone else can, so that is why I am kinda confused why this guy got them.

·
SHIFT_chicks-rule!
1,988 Posts
Caltitan said:
The other week when I downloaded the '04 service manual I also downloaded the tailgate stuff from the '05 service manual.
Would ya mind letting me know where I can download the service manual from? Probably 200 or 300 to buy one. Thanks

·
Premium Member
5,842 Posts
Please do not post about getting the service manual for free download. It could get this site shut down.
It would leave us wide open to problems with Nissan.
What you do on your own is your business but not in the forums please.
Now if you are referring to purchasing the manual for download thats different. Just make sure what you are asking for. LOL
thanks guys
M4ck

G

·
m4ck said:
Please do not post about getting the service manual for free download. It could get this site shut down.
Now if you are referring to purchasing the manual for download thats different. Just make sure what you are asking for. LOL
thanks guys
M4ck
He didn't ask for it for free. He just wanted to know where he can get it. And its legal to download it directly from Nissan at a link I don't recall for $20 bucks.

·
SHIFT_chicks-rule!
1,988 Posts
Titan_TX said:
m4ck said:
thanks guys
M4ck
He didn't ask for it for free. He just wanted to know where he can get it. And its legal to download it directly from Nissan at a link I don't recall for $20 bucks.
That's what I'm talkin bout. Sorry if I wasn't clear. I knew you could buy the download, just didn't know where.

·
Registered
1,513 Posts
m4ck said:
thanks guys
M4ck
Thanks M4ck, I totally agree. I did pay and download it legally from nissan-techinfo.com and my copy is not for distribution to others.

·
Premium Member
5,842 Posts
Believe me I wasn't accusing anyone of wrong. Just trying to head off someone from posting a link to an illegal copy. I try to stay ahead of the game. Know what I mean.
By the way Titan_Tx Baja is a woman. Her name is Deb. Just so you know.

M4ck

G

·
m4ck said:
Believe me I wasn't accusing anyone of wrong. Just trying to head off someone from posting a link to an illegal copy. I try to stay ahead of the game. Know what I mean.
By the way Titan_Tx Baja is a woman. Her name is Deb. Just so you know.

M4ck
Opps.

·
Registered
1,265 Posts
I saw 05 CC yesterday. One thing I really hate it that it has a BIG "V8 TITAN" on the front side of the truck.
Other than that I like everything on the 05

1 - 19 of 19 Posts