Nissan Titan Forum banner
1 - 16 of 16 Posts

·
Premium Member
203 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Hey guys I just did my console swap on my 08 titan xe. I have been looking for a black (charcoal) console for some time now. I was unable to locate one so I went to the stealership today and priced out a black console from a PRO-4X.... Guess what over 1600 dollars and I was still picking out parts. SO i told the parts guy to hold off I was going to wait. He gave me a number to call on the way out and when I did the guys on the phone said he had a black center console from an 08 PRO-4X about 20 minutes from me. I rushed over there he let me get the console for $150 and the shifter for $75. I got a hell of a deal I installed the console today and still need help with the shifter wiring. If anyone wants to jump in and help I would really appreciate it and will make a schematics write-up and some videos of the install.
Thanks Guys

Attachments

·
Premium Member
203 Posts
Discussion Starter · #2 ·
Also guys does anyone know if I can use the new center dash piece in place of the old one. Are they the same size and just the vents ac control and faceplate different? Can you wire the new a/c controls on the new se model truck on my XE, and if I change my body control model can I use the gauge cluster that has the battery gauge, trans temp and what not. Also, on the shifter swap how will that work with the new dash design, because the old dash had PRND4321, the new one has PRND and thats it when you it the button on the column the D changes to the shift numbers.
Thanks for all the help guys, if anyone can help me with this I will make the harness for everyone to buy so they can just buy the parts and plug it in.

·
Registered
756 Posts
I think 'simply modified' was the last one to do something like this a couple years ago...he comes on every now and then. BTW it looks promising.

·
Premium Member
203 Posts
Discussion Starter · #4 ·
Yea so far its working in my favor just would really like to move that shifter. Any help would be awesome.

·
Premium Member
203 Posts
Discussion Starter · #5 ·

·
Premium Member
203 Posts
Discussion Starter · #6 ·
Can someone please help me with the shifter conversion I am in the middle of it and cant turn back and without the schematic I can even move the vehicle. Please help.

·
Super Moderator
3,814 Posts
Can someone please help me with the shifter conversion I am in the middle of it and cant turn back and without the schematic I can even move the vehicle. Please help.
Download the service manual Here: http://www.nicoclub.com/FSM/titan/

You still have the 08?
The climate controls in your console pics are from a 04-07.

·
Premium Member
203 Posts
Discussion Starter · #9 ·
Ok yea me too but I am hoping everyone will stay up to date on this post to help me get the project done. I also dont know what to select under that service manual.
Thanks Guys

·
Premium Member
203 Posts
Discussion Starter · #10 ·
BTW I have a 2008.5 nissan titan. I know my whole dash i completely different and I have no Idea why... Any ideas, maybe because its a base model.

·
Registered
756 Posts
The ac unit on ebay should work but you gotta get a new bezel for it to look OEM.

·
Premium Member
203 Posts
Discussion Starter · #12 ·
Ok thank you soo much for some actual help. See the new control has the same two plugs, but also has a third, and i dont know if it goes to the oem radio or what, but I am not using the factory radio anyways. Does anyone think that the main harness are the same? I want to also know if I take the Gauge cluster out of a Pro-4X and just plug the same plugs fro the harness into the new cluster, will all of the gauges work like the batt. gauge, and the trans temp, etc...
Thanks guys

·
Premium Member
203 Posts
Discussion Starter · #13 ·
I just got my interior lights on the console to work as if it were factory, not a big deal, but it is slowly adding to the factory console look. Now to wire the shifter, just waiting on some help.

·
Super Moderator
3,814 Posts
Ok yea me too but I am hoping everyone will stay up to date on this post to help me get the project done. I also dont know what to select under that service manual.
Thanks Guys
Look under the AT Section, Pages 179 & 244 will get you pointed in the right direction.

·
Super Moderator
3,814 Posts
BTW I have a 2008.5 nissan titan. I know my whole dash i completely different and I have no Idea why... Any ideas, maybe because its a base model.
Just looked on E-Bay, looks like the 80/08.5 XE with the Preferred Package got the new climate controls, and the base model got the 04-07 controls.

·
Registered
5 Posts
Did anybody ever get you the wiring schematics, how did the swap turn out?? I've been keeping up with your posts but never saw the end results keep watching your youtube video on the swap looks so promising.

1 - 16 of 16 Posts