Nissan Titan Forum banner
1 - 20 of 25 Posts

· Registered
34 Posts
Discussion Starter · #2 ·
So once i plugged the OBD2 port cable in, the screen lite up, do i even need the power cord? I followed the steps to set it up and i get 9FEA4 code? and the number to bully dog. When i opened I hook it to my computer to update it like it said, once it was done it says disconnect device and select change vechile or update device? im lost.....HELP!

· Registered
34 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
ok im ready to smash this thing! im not impressed with the instructions or the fact that the help sites dont work!!! I cant figure this out, I have tried everything and i still get the same 440 Error code with the 9FEA4 as new part number. PLEASE HELP

· Registered
49 Posts
When your ignitions on with the bdgt screen on scroll down an look through all the options till it says update an click on update... That's what worked fr me when that happened
Also you don't need the power wire unless you need it to shut off with your ignition

· Registered
34 Posts
Discussion Starter · #5 ·
Galaxypro4x2011, I did scroll down and to the update, still giving me the same error. As far as the power wire goes, what do you do when you shut your truck off? It will kill the battery if you leave it plugged in?

· Registered
34 Posts
Discussion Starter · #9 ·
I know you mean the update on the BDGT screen. Maybe i didnt do the update on the pc right? Glad to hear you are happy with yours, I cant wait to get mine going

· Registered
498 Posts
If you didn't do a pc update before you installed the dog that may be your problem. I did the pc update and had no problem at all with my install. It took about 20 mins. It sure woke my titan up.

· Registered
34 Posts
Discussion Starter · #11 ·
I did the update on the pc. Im wondering if i missed a step doing the pc update? I have tried everything and cant get it to work. I deleted the update off the pc and went to bully dog and re installed it, still nothing.

· Registered
34 Posts
Discussion Starter · #12 ·
Once you do the update on the pc, whats the step by step after that installing into truck? can someone walk me threw the steps to put it in my truck?

· Registered
3,527 Posts
It's very possible your 2011 ECU tuning number is not available yet. Contact BD tomorrow and I'm sure they will add your ECU number and email you an update.

· Registered
498 Posts
The bully dog tells you step by step what to do. Man, I would just give bully dog a call tomorrow. Hate your having so much trouble....

· Registered
34 Posts
Discussion Starter · #15 ·
Ya im going to call tomorrow. I have tried everything, done step by step with the instructions a number of times. Just keeping getting the same 440 error code, New part number 9FE4A, please contact bully dog for software update. I did do the timming advance, that did make a difference.

· Registered
498 Posts
Wait till you remove wot restrictions. That's a big difference.

· Registered
498 Posts
I spoke to Austin at bully dog yesterday. Suppose to have the update i need tomorrow.
Cool!! Glad they can help you. I've been keeping a close eye on yer progress. Cant wait to see your post when you get it right....:thumbsup-big:

· Registered
400 Posts
It worked fine on my 2010 when I got it last year, but it was at the end of the year and I did the update before going out to the truck. Hopefully they got it working for you. There's really no instructions. Just plug and follow the on-screen directions.

You don't have to have the power wire, but you'll have to turn it on and off via the switch, if you don't use the power wire. I used the power wire and a 25 cent clip from Autozone that allows you to connect to an existing wire without cutting the wire. Then I found the wire for my cigarette lighter and attached to it. Make sure you attach to the one that turns off with the truck. Not the one that's always hot.

1 - 20 of 25 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.