Nissan Titan Forum banner

1 - 20 of 20 Posts

·
Registered
22 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
After reading all the issues with DDM, I decided to go ahead and order my HIDs from the same company that sells them on the Acura forums, Lexus forums, and so on with a great history and customer service. I personally have bought them in the past from them on my other cars and never had issues. Here are pictures of the products, and the install. I got the 35w 6k HIDs as I wanted more white with a slight blue tint. Looks great so far!

I also have the fog light kit, but due to mosquitoes eating me alive, I gave up for tonight and will work on that this weekend most likely. The kit is plug and play, and nothing needs to be fixed like the DDM kit. The HIDXtra balasts are sealed. They also come with nice mounting hardware if you can find a way to use it. I had them on my Acura and other cars for over a year with no issues. Will do the fog HID pictures after this weekend in this thread. Keep your eyes peeled for them!

If anyone else is interested in the kit, you can get them from here:

http://hidextra.com/

And now for the pics!

The Box

Stock bulbs

The factory connections

Where the Ballast is mounting

The HID wired in

HID headlight vs Halogen Fogs

HID headlight

HID left vs stock right

HID right

Both HIDs

Driver Side wiring HID done

·
Registered
894 Posts
All the issues with ddm? I'd like to hear all these issues as in the last four years I havnt really heard anything on here or titan talk..

·
Registered
22 Posts
Discussion Starter #5
All the issues with ddm? I'd like to hear all these issues as in the last four years I havnt really heard anything on here or titan talk..
It's all over Titantalk. Might want to check on it.

·
Registered
153 Posts
the only "issues" they really had is that they got overloaded with orders and shipping got slow for a while. i hear things are back to being very good again

·
Registered
6,204 Posts
DDM is crap lol.....I hate bringing it up because I have talked about it so many times on the MT and TT. DDM does not actually sell all the color temps like they would have you believe, which is why even early on, people where making comments about the DDM kit not being true to many other kits...Well, its because you might have a 6000k or a 10000k if you ordered the 80000k....Not to mention, I had 2 bad ballasts in less then a month with my fogs, the first one went over fine. Ehhhhh, too much to type...here is my thread, I posted some info I found on the web about DDM on the first post in page 2: http://www.titantalk.com/forums/titan-parts-accessories/116803-my-experience-ddm-tuning.html

here you can read a bunch of posts I pulled off DDM's facebook page. Funny thing, I post on DDM's page about how crappy they are, and almost always have someone thank me. Then i get many private messages about people who have gotten screwed through DDM. http://www.mightytitans.com/forums/showthread.php?t=20727&page=2

I had their headlights for probably 2 years with no issues...Both Fog ballasts went bad in under month. The crap hit the fan when I had to pay over $20 shipping both ways for the second one and they sent back my bad ballast...Plus Girard at DDM, once you have a problem or don't like what you are hearing, he could really give 2 craps about you have to say or helping you out.

·
Registered
22 Posts
Discussion Starter #9
the only "issues" they really had is that they got overloaded with orders and shipping got slow for a while. i hear things are back to being very good again
Not even close my friend. Customers are getting screwed. Suggest you find the posts on TitanTalk seriously. Like my topic there that people posted in, you will see some mention about DDM.

·
Registered
1,107 Posts
I posted here somewhere when one of my DDM HID ballasts failed within days of installing them. In their defense, they did replace it but not after a ****-n-bull story about "well if you use them a lot they'll burn out faster"....like c'mon....lol...I used them LITERALLY for days. Their customer service was lacking but again, you can't beat their prices so thats a plus. No idea what was spent on the HIDxtras.

Here's the thread:

http://www.clubtitan.org/forums/showthread.php?t=61197

·
Registered
1,107 Posts
DDM is crap lol.....I hate bringing it up because I have talked about it so many times on the MT and TT. DDM does not actually sell all the color temps like they would have you believe, which is why even early on, people where making comments about the DDM kit not being true to many other kits...Well, its because you might have a 6000k or a 10000k if you ordered the 80000k....Not to mention, I had 2 bad ballasts in less then a month with my fogs, the first one went over fine. Ehhhhh, too much to type...here is my thread, I posted some info I found on the web about DDM on the first post in page 2: http://www.titantalk.com/forums/titan-parts-accessories/116803-my-experience-ddm-tuning.html

here you can read a bunch of posts I pulled off DDM's facebook page. Funny thing, I post on DDM's page about how crappy they are, and almost always have someone thank me. Then i get many private messages about people who have gotten screwed through DDM. http://www.mightytitans.com/forums/showthread.php?t=20727&page=2

I had their headlights for probably 2 years with no issues...Both Fog ballasts went bad in under month. The crap hit the fan when I had to pay over $20 shipping both ways for the second one and they sent back my bad ballast...Plus Girard at DDM, once you have a problem or don't like what you are hearing, he could really give 2 craps about you have to say or helping you out.
I must have spoken with Gerard then..lmao. What a tool! but hey, lets face it. For less than a good set of PIAA halogen super whites, you can get the DDM kit.

·
Registered
894 Posts
See this is where ddm shines..

If I spend $45 on an hid kit and one or two ballast fail, or bulbs (I have spares) then oh well. Buy a new kit. Two years good for me.

If I had stock halogen bulbs and they burned out..I'm not going to waste my time to get free replacements. Are you? Probably not. You'll go to walmart and buy a new set.

Now if I dropped $150,200,250+ then yeah I'd look for a good company to buy from. But for $45 shipped, and the gain from em you can't beat it.

Now look at it like this.. All the time your heavy on the gas, your wearing down your tires quicker than you think. Tires are not cheap. 700-1200 bucks is hefty. But you get hard on the gas regardless. You got enjoyment from it though. And for that you pay the price.

·
Registered
6,204 Posts
Non of that matters to me. I'd rather spend an extra $10 (HIDextra) and get a product that I feel more confident in. As a mater of fact, I'd rather spend double what DDM charges. IMO, DDM doesn't shine at any time at all. People who ignore other people problems are the same type who keep crooks in business. I don't care who you buy from, I'm juts letting people know my experience and know that if you do some lokking aorund, you'll notice that DDM gets way more bad wrap then most companies. Hell you can go on their Facebook right now and see more negative things. If something goes wrong, I'd rather be confident they have my back and not "hope" that I'm getting them on a good week so they will cover my warranty. No DDM never shines lol...The sell a cheap product at a cheap price. Basically, its like Nankang tires. Sure some people buy them and get good service out of them, however, you will have more poeple then normal complain about the tires, because, well, they are cheap crap tire, just like DDM....Oh and like I said, I'm not the only one, if you choose to be stubborn. Then thats all on you

·
Registered
6,204 Posts
I must have spoken with Gerard then..lmao. What a tool! but hey, lets face it. For less than a good set of PIAA halogen super whites, you can get the DDM kit.

Yeah Girard is a tool. And yes, sure you can, because they sell Chinese cheap quality products and don't even have all the true temp colors. Just because something is really cheap, doesn't mean its a good product.

·
Registered
6,204 Posts
Also, in case any newbie browses through here. Not only is their HIDextra for only a few bucks more, but you have member Armaden on the Titan and Armada forums who has nothing but great reviews, including sending me extra replacement bulbs (sent 2 I only needed 1) without me even sending back my old bulbs. I emailed him I had a problem on Friday night, and by Monday when I came home from work, I had the replacements. Now that's a company I will do business with

·
Registered
153 Posts
i've had nothing but good experiences and i've ordered and distributed about 15 sets. no one ever told me about a bad set yet. but if there's a better product i say go for it. sorry to those that have had trouble, i'm pretty big on customer service so i'll heed this advice.

·
Registered
22 Posts
Discussion Starter #17
HIDXtra spend another $10 bucks and you get a great warranty, customer service, etc. DDM doesn't shine.

See this is where ddm shines..

If I spend $45 on an hid kit and one or two ballast fail, or bulbs (I have spares) then oh well. Buy a new kit. Two years good for me.

If I had stock halogen bulbs and they burned out..I'm not going to waste my time to get free replacements. Are you? Probably not. You'll go to walmart and buy a new set.

Now if I dropped $150,200,250+ then yeah I'd look for a good company to buy from. But for $45 shipped, and the gain from em you can't beat it.

Now look at it like this.. All the time your heavy on the gas, your wearing down your tires quicker than you think. Tires are not cheap. 700-1200 bucks is hefty. But you get hard on the gas regardless. You got enjoyment from it though. And for that you pay the price.

·
Registered
6,204 Posts
Yeah I was happy with DDM for 2 years. Had no problems with their headlights. My gripe is this. First, I should not have had both Fog light ballasts go bad within a couple weeks. They took care of the first one fine, although they were slow. The second one went out the next day after installing the first one's replacement. I had to pay shipping ($12, could have done it for $8 at USPS). Before I sent the second one off, I swapped it (the ballast) to the other side, to see if the problem followed it. It did. I sent it in. 2 weeks go by and they send me an email saying the ballast works for them and I have to send $8 to get it back. Oh and Girard tried talking over me with EVERYTHING I was saying, which is a huge pet peeve. Let me say what i have to say since I've bought 2 products from you and in over a month have had working fog HIDS for about a week only. I deserve to say what I want to say, not be talked over and rushed through like I don't matter. If your that swamped, hire another CS guy. I sold the truck as they shipped back the old ballast. I just sent the ballast to the new owner and told him about HIDextra.com....Then, upon my disapproval of my treatment, I searched their facebook page and the internet (check the first link I posted for what I found on the internet, and the second link for what I found on their facebook). It quickly became apparent that DDM is highly dishonest with their customers and many people do not get treated fairly. I've searched a lot of companies on the net for reviews, and DDM's complaints far outweigh the rest. However, its like crack, people want HIDs and they are cheap as dirt, so people are still going to buy them. I will just try my best to inform people of my experience and what I found. I have 3 vehicles I will be buying HIDs for, and I won't buy a single set from DDM, regardless of the $10 a kit I would save

·
Registered
894 Posts
Eh go with what works best and what you can afford. I agree as well their customer service sucks as I had questions about bulbs and installs (got hi/lo kit for gf car). But for the price it is what it is. I have two years on a set and I'm fine with that.

It is nice though. I was coming home last night and on the highway there was 4 cadilacs an two acuras. All with HIDs. As I passed a few I fit in well. I do not like their factory 4300k color though. They look like bright halogens, just a tad more white.

·
Registered
153 Posts
thanks O.. doesn't take too much to convince me to try somewhere else. when i'm ready for a set i'll check out hidxtra..

1 - 20 of 20 Posts