Nissan Titan Forum banner

1 - 18 of 18 Posts

·
Premium Member
132 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Just ordered the Xenon HID 6000k Low Beam Kit for my Titan, should be in this week and will have before and after photos once installed.

·
Registered
746 Posts
Sounds good, post some pics when you get them installed. I tried to order a set from DDM Tuning, but their customer service representative has not responded to me... Its only been 8 months.

·
Registered
1,676 Posts
Nice!!!!!!!!!!

·
Registered
18 Posts
Sounds good, post some pics when you get them installed. I tried to order a set from DDM Tuning, but their customer service representative has not responded to me... Its only been 8 months.
I don't want to hijack this thread but..I bought a set from DDM for my frontier, I wouldn't recommend them at all. My friend bought a set for his 04 Titan off of ebay for $50 bucks and they have been working perfectly for a few years now.

Titan Driver: Where did you get your set from? I just bought a 2010 Titan last night and am trying to figure out if its worth it to put the HIDs in it or not. Looking forward to seeing some pics of them.

·
Premium Member
132 Posts
Discussion Starter #5
I don't want to hijack this thread but..I bought a set from DDM for my frontier, I wouldn't recommend them at all. My friend bought a set for his 04 Titan off of ebay for $50 bucks and they have been working perfectly for a few years now.

Titan Driver: Where did you get your set from? I just bought a 2010 Titan last night and am trying to figure out if its worth it to put the HIDs in it or not. Looking forward to seeing some pics of them.
I purchased the kit from HIDExtra.com, I have heard a couple of good reviews from the website on the forum. I will def. post some pics once installed later this week. I just purchased my Titan 2 weeks ago have 300 miles on it now....

·
Registered
49 Posts
I have had the high and low set on mine for a year now, with 5000K bulbs. alot better at night, but i get flashed all the time, even if i ride with my fogs on. bought mine from triplenineline.com

·
Registered
18 Posts
I ordered the 5000k low beams from HIDExtra and they arrived this morning. Have you installed yours yet? Where did you mount the ballasts? Looks like theres a place big enough to mount the ballast with the some double sided tape just below the lights. Any ideas?

·
Premium Member
132 Posts
Discussion Starter #8
Just installed the HID Kit the other day and it is awesome, I will post some pics up hopefully tomorrow or Saturday and GBM I will take photos of the ballast location.

·
Registered
18 Posts
Looking forward to the pics. I havent installed mine yet as a friend turned me onto the HIRs and I put those in the other day. So far not very impressed.

·
Premium Member
132 Posts
Discussion Starter #10
Alright well here are some photos. (GBM sorry didn't get the pics of the ballast mounted, but I will try to tomorrow during the day, depends how busy we are at the fire station tomorrow)

·
Premium Member
132 Posts
Discussion Starter #11
Just a little write up on the lights.... The lights are brighter, but I did not get use to the factory lights so I can not tell how much brighter, as I bought the truck and a week and a half later I put the HID Lights in. The kit was a breeze to put in, there is no flickering while driving, but of course once you first turn them on they have to warm up and that is the only time they flicker if at all.

·
Registered
20 Posts
By chance were those HID kits from HIDextra slim ballast kits?

·
Registered
18 Posts
Looks good! Thanks for the pics. I think I am going to mount the ballasts on the plate just under the light housing. IS that where you put yours? How did you get in there? Wheel well? Remove the Grill?

·
Registered
5 Posts
Nice!! I may need to look into these! :)

Very nice looking lights!! Im thinking i may look this brand as well! Thanks for the pics!! :)

·
Premium Member
132 Posts
Discussion Starter #15
By chance were those HID kits from HIDextra slim ballast kits?
Yes the kit was from HIDExtra, I would highly recommend them to anyone.

·
Premium Member
132 Posts
Discussion Starter #16
Looks good! Thanks for the pics. I think I am going to mount the ballasts on the plate just under the light housing. IS that where you put yours? How did you get in there? Wheel well? Remove the Grill?
GBM, sorry for not getting those pics, I mounted them right behind the headlights on the frame screwed the mount into the frame, it looks clean. The easiest way to install the hid bulbs is through the wheel well, I didn't realize it until i tore half the front end apart then I stuck my hand through the wheel well and it was easy to get to.

·
Premium Member
132 Posts
Discussion Starter #17

·
Registered
18 Posts
GBM, sorry for not getting those pics, I mounted them right behind the headlights on the frame screwed the mount into the frame, it looks clean. The easiest way to install the hid bulbs is through the wheel well, I didn't realize it until i tore half the front end apart then I stuck my hand through the wheel well and it was easy to get to.
yeah I figured that out as well. I installed mine the other day in the same location. It was rather easy going in from the wheel well. I'm not very happy with the brightness of them, but I guess its because my last set was the 55w 6ks from DDM. I think I am going to order some 4500k bulbs to get a more pure white color.

1 - 18 of 18 Posts