Nissan Titan Forum banner
1 - 4 of 4 Posts

·
Registered
92 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
So my truck had the door harness recall back in 2007. They put the new cover on and called it done. Fast forward to 2011, and I have broken wires in the harness. Nissan calls for replacing the entire harness, and I have to pay for it. Fat Chance! Anyone had any luck repairing these? What could happen with splicing out the breaks?

I inspected the harness, there was one small black wire that was cut, with a 1 inch piece missing. There was another small black wire with an obvious break inside the cover.

There is 8 wires in the harness. The Yellow/Red, and Yellow/Green are for the pretensioner. The Black/Yellow and the Light Blue are for the speaker. The other four wires are noticeable lighter gauge. There are 3 black and one light blue. Any idea what they are for?

Thanks,
Steve

·
Registered
343 Posts
Deleted post

·
Registered
3,382 Posts
I would go up the ladder at Nissan to get a resolution. You had the recall done to prevent what happened now, so IMO they should cover the repair. I would demand a detailed written explanation from them explaining why it isn't covered.

·
Registered
92 Posts
Discussion Starter · #4 ·
I tried that. CSR said the dealer would have to make the call. Dealer says Nissan has to make the call. Regional Rep says the dealer says they can't tell if the recall was done wrong. Bottom line, I bought a used truck. I'm OK with that.

I want to try to fix it, just don't know what those wires are for.

1 - 4 of 4 Posts