Nissan Titan Forum banner

1 - 6 of 6 Posts

·
Registered
38 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
So I had remote start installed into my vehicle and it worked great, but after a long story in which I won't get into. I had to have different keychips programmed for my truck. They took the one out of the dash to re-program, but never put it back. So I need to know where exactly or how exactly I place it for the remote start to work again. Thanks

·
Registered
38 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
Look for a bypass box. The key goes inside the box
Where abouts would that be located, do you know? I just wish they could've put it back where it was. I had tried wire tying it to the Key column, but that didn't work.

·
Registered
38 Posts
Discussion Starter #5
There's usually a "loop" wire that goes around that area. Trace it back to
see where it lead.
So I did exactly that, followed the loop wire back, only to find a key wired in there. It was the Valet Key I initially gave for installation. I thought Nissan had removed it to reprogram, instead they just made me a new key rather than find the one taped up. I wondered why it was so expensive. I untaped the Valet Key, put in a 3rd spare key I had and works perfect now.
Thanks for your help. Last year I had spent 3 hours trying to find a way to place it on the key cylinder with no luck. Had I only followed that damn loop wire more initially. UGH

1 - 6 of 6 Posts