Nissan Titan Forum banner
1 - 8 of 8 Posts

·
Registered
893 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Hi Everyone,

I've been lurking for a couple weeks now, but this is my first post. I have the Streetbeat kit. I've completed the fronts which were pretty easy. The front is only down 1 inch (suppose to be 2 inch drop). If the back goes down 4 inches then the rear will be 3/4 inch lower than front. I hope that's not the case! Can anyone describe the steps involved with removing and installing new leafsprings? I've installed quite a few lowering springs for cars (struts), but never a truck. Is there a safe, but easy method to this? I don't want the leafspring springing back at me upon loosening it! I will post pics when done. Thanks in advance.

·
Premium Member
2,788 Posts
Hi M95 and welcome to clubtitan!!!

As far as your leaf springs go it should be a piece of cake if you've done other vehicles before. Make sure to support the truck with jack stands on the frame with the wheels just barely off the ground. 4 nuts on the 2 U-bolts and the forward and aft shackle bolts is all. Please make sure to take lots of pics and show us how it looks when you're done. Oh yeah, and don't forget about the lower shock mounts.... :D

·
Registered
893 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
Thanks Jet!

Do I need to remove the rear wheels?? Also, did you mean to remove the lower shock bolt?

·
Premium Member
2,788 Posts
Yes, you should remove the rear wheels with the truck supported on jack stands and a jack under the differential. And yes I meant the lower shock bolts...Like I said earlier, if you've done other leaf spring changes this will be a walk in the park for you...

·
Registered
893 Posts
Discussion Starter · #5 ·
Jet,
I've actually never done any leafsprings before, just strut assemblies on cars. First time on a truck. Thanks again.

·
Registered
893 Posts
Discussion Starter · #7 ·
I just finished! It wasn't that difficult at all. As I suspected, the rear is lower than the front (front: 34 1/8" rear: 33 1/2"). The front springs only dropped it an inch, so I hope it settles some. I'll post pics of the install when I get a chance.

·
Premium Member
2,788 Posts
m95roadster said:
I just finished! It wasn't that difficult at all. As I suspected, the rear is lower than the front (front: 34 1/8" rear: 33 1/2"). The front springs only dropped it an inch, so I hope it settles some. I'll post pics of the install when I get a chance.
Doh......that's not cool. I think I would be calling the manufacturer to see what's up.

1 - 8 of 8 Posts