Nissan Titan Forum banner
1 - 10 of 10 Posts

·
Premium Member
394 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
i was driving to day and i floored it going up a hill and when i let off i smelled antifreeze once i got where i was going i looked and there was antifreeze sprayed on my intake and engine cover not alot it does not look like it came outta off any off the hoses it looks like it came outta of the rad cap it was tight i know that there is a thread about this but i can't find it thought someone said to replace it with a new one just wondering what kinda anyone using

·
Premium Member
6,332 Posts
First try bending the tabs on the cap a bit to tighten it up. Also check to see that the clamp in the hose coming from the radiator neck is holding tight. It is common for that clamp to leak. Replace it with a good stainless worm screw type.

·
Registered
406 Posts
I read somewhere to pinch the tabs on cap to hold tighter, I just backed off half turn on pressure cap.

·
Premium Member
394 Posts
Discussion Starter · #4 ·
stupid question but which way do you bend them

·
Registered
1,032 Posts
Bend them in. If that doesnt work, just get a new one. It shouldnt be to much just remember not to get the spring type.

·
Registered
498 Posts
My truck did the same thing last week and I replaced the cap and it was fixed. $20 part.

·
Registered
4,239 Posts
This is highly typical of our OEM Radiators. The system seems to not be able to flow enough at high engine speed, so pressure builds up and leaks at the hose or usually the Cap. Our overflow bottle is part of the pressurized system, and you need free flow between the neck of the Radiator and the Overflow Bottle. That is why you must use an OEM Style (Non Spring) Radiator Cap.

1 - 10 of 10 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.