Nissan Titan Forum banner
1 - 4 of 4 Posts

·
Registered
2 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Hey my 2004 Titan Crew Cab 4X4 is leaking fluid, I'm assuming its Diff Fluid from the location. It's on the final front drive on the passenger side. It looks like a seal may have gone bad since I just encountered this problem with my transfer case. My other question is should the axel be able to slide in and out of the assemble or should it be sealed in there with pressure?

·
Registered
4,396 Posts
Rob, sorry about chiding you for not starting a new thread. I didn't see this thread until afterwards.

Is the rubber boot intact? Differential fluid is really stinky, you can't miss it if you get a good whiff of it. No, the axle should not be sliding in and out of the differential. If you engage 4x4 mode and get on some ice the result should be that the front wheels won't turn since the differential is likely no longer connected to the axle shaft. If no damage was done inside the differential then a fix is possible. Look up axle, clip and repair on the forum and you'll find at least one member that did the fix themselves.

·
Registered
82 Posts
sounds like the seal is bad. I noticed on mine when i rotated the tires and had oil on the inside of the rim. from what i have read it seems a few of the guys have had the rear axle seals go out.

1 - 4 of 4 Posts