Nissan Titan Forum banner

1 - 8 of 8 Posts

·
Registered
4,396 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
When I go through the car wash I get water coming through the trailing edge of the sunroof. Maybe it's just that the water is under high enough pressure to overcome the seal. Anybody else have this problem? Is there a solution?

No, I'm not going to stop using the car wash. The water here is rather hard and even with a chamois I still get a lot of water spots. Plus, they clean off the underside of the truck way better than I can - especially in the winter.

·
Banned
1,478 Posts
One thing to check, is to see if the drain orifice and tubing is clear and un-obstructed. Might just be a case of the drain system can't keep up with the amount of water entering the channel.

I don't have a manual for the '07 so I can't look up to see if there are any adjustments to the sun roof to permit tightening up the glass to gasket contact.

Good luck,

Red

·
Registered
54 Posts
I have been though some good car washes and never had a leak. sounds like its not sealing good, if you havent maybe you could check the seal to make sure its fitting tightly around and not pinching funny, cracked, etc.

·
Registered
292 Posts
Mines fine. Look and see if theres any adjustments you can do. You could use some talcum power around the lip were the glass fits before you wash it, that way it well leave a trail were it's leaking. Then you'll know were too adjust it.

·
Registered
4,396 Posts
Discussion Starter #6
Thanks for the links. This is definitely not human error (on my part at least). I have been very careful to ensure that the sunroof is completely secured before I get into the carwash. This isn't a slow leak, so I don't think the drain tube is the problem. The water jets hit the seal and water comes shooting in. I get it on me, the passenger seat and the back seat. I keep the shade open so I can get all the water without it sitting on the top of the shade.

·
Registered
17 Posts
Sunroof Adjustment Question

The sunroof on my 2006 Titan Crew Cab needs to be adjusted/aligned .. someone had screwed around with it before I got the truck

According to the Service Manual there are four (4) screws -- 2 on each side that have been loosened and they are what hold the unit in place ... NOW my question - the heads on these screws don't have slots or phillips or torx to use a tool to tighten and they aren't hex head bolts ! The Nissan Parts and service people were clueless about them

They are round and have 4 raised "humps" on the surface -- does anyone know what I need to adjust and tighten those damn things ??>

·
Registered
1 Posts
I also get a small amount of spray that comes in from the rear edge of the sunroof during the pressure wash in my 2012 SL.
Has anybody come up with a solution or is this just normal ?

1 - 8 of 8 Posts