Nissan Titan Forum banner

1 - 18 of 18 Posts

·
Registered
26 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I have seen a titan on here that had headlights (definately) aftermarket that had a 5 or 6 led strip on the bottom of them that curved up like the newer Audi's have. Was this something custom someone did or does someone sell them. I don't like the 3 led ones that are on fleabay and all. Thanks for any help.

·
Registered
423 Posts

·
Registered
894 Posts
I agree Hudson..however Baseballfan (member on here) did his Red Titan with a LED strip below his headlights.. he did a GREAT job and it actually looks really good.

(click link posted above u..that's him)

·
Premium Member
1,037 Posts
I was just going to say that Jarvis. Baseballfanz is the man you are thinking of. its a sweet mod.

·
SHIFT_Mr. Quick Answers
11,110 Posts

·
Premium Member
1,037 Posts
strangely enough, with all of my lights......i'm not feeling the amber. tho i see how its practical. maybe its the exposed amber bulbs.....i don't know. i still love the white tho.

·
Premium Member
21 Posts
if you want to crack open the headlights and do this

That is wicked!!! I really like that, I guess just do the headlight mod and then add the LED's to it. Could you put it back together the same way though? Would the heat of the oven damage the LED's/wiring?

·
Premium Member
363 Posts
i have done this mod twice and have not yet put the headlights back in the oven the only way you should have to is if you didn't remove the old gasket mat when it was warm the first time

·
Registered
93 Posts
i wouldn't put LEDs inside my headlight housing.. at least i wouldn't want them on when the headlights are on because from what i've always understood, LEDs do not like heat, and as n2 mentioned, will probably burn out http://www.lunaraccents.com/educational-LED-thermal-management.html

i was gonna say CCFL might be a better option for heat resistant lighting, but now that i think about it i think they only come in non-flexible form since they are fluorescent. could've sworn i'd seen them before, but that wouldn't make sense. it's late.....

this might be something that interests you guys: http://store.ijdmtoy.com/Audi-Switch-back-LED-strip-p/led_audi_style_strip_5c.htm&click=8

stumbled upon it when looking for flexible ccfl tubing.

1 - 18 of 18 Posts