Nissan Titan Forum banner

21 - 40 of 52 Posts

·
Registered
6 Posts
Where can i find a set of those tail lights?

·
Registered
269 Posts
Discussion Starter #24
Well I put in my hom made lenses for the bed lights tonight. After I get the silicone nice and tidy on the outside I'll take some pics in the daylight tomorrow.

·
Registered
1,402 Posts
take it in the morning if you can so I can put mine in soon. thanks

WindsorFox said:
Well I put in my hom made lenses for the bed lights tonight. After I get the silicone nice and tidy on the outside I'll take some pics in the daylight tomorrow.

·
Banned
3,679 Posts
windsor, if you can make the leds look good with your bedlight mod im all over it......

·
Registered
269 Posts
Discussion Starter #27
I like it better than the OEM. I cut a piece of Plexi-glass the right size and glued them in from behind with silicone. Tomorrow after that has mostly cured and it warms a little I'll put a bead around the inside just to finish it off. I sanded the pieces in two directions on both sides to give it a frosted look. As we speak I am using some small Ty-Raps to cinch the wires up and hold the bulb for the gate light where I want it.Another 10 minutes and I'll have the other side done. I had to come back to my desk to get the screwdriver. :killcomp:

·
Registered
39 Posts
WOW!!! Looks great...

Where do you get them and how much??

Plz send link.

Scott

·
Registered
269 Posts
Discussion Starter #30
Got them from Jason Burtman who is a sponsoring dealer on this site.

·
Banned
3,679 Posts
thanks windsor for all your info and pics....i just bought a set but will need my tailgate light so ill be shade treeing something up for that like you did....thanks again, john

·
Registered
269 Posts
Discussion Starter #32
got_titan said:
thanks windsor for all your info and pics....i just bought a set but will need my tailgate light so ill be shade treeing something up for that like you did....thanks again, john
I recomend a CD case. Mark lines with a overhead marker, score with a utility knife and snap along the line like glass. Cut enough for 3 or 4 pieces per side and glue them together flat with super glue scuffing the sides that will be glued and use a Ty-Rap to tie down the wires to keep the bulb for the gate lights where you want them. Mine turned out great. I just realized I was supposed to put up some pics when I finished that little project. I'll see if I can do it tonight.

·
ClubTitan's little Pit Bull
6,553 Posts
You've gotta get a set of these if you haven't already! I received them for my birthday, and I love them :D

Attachments

·
Banned
3,679 Posts
great lights! had them for a couple of months and no problems!

·
Registered
12 Posts
WindsorFox said:
I recomend a CD case. Mark lines with a overhead marker, score with a utility knife and snap along the line like glass. Cut enough for 3 or 4 pieces per side and glue them together flat with super glue scuffing the sides that will be glued and use a Ty-Rap to tie down the wires to keep the bulb for the gate lights where you want them.
Why couldn't you use plexi glass? Wouldn't this eliminate the use of using 3 or 4 pieces of plastic glued together?

WindsorFox said:
Mine turned out great. I just realized I was supposed to put up some pics when I finished that little project. I'll see if I can do it tonight.
I would like to see some pics of the finished tailgate mod?!

·
Banned
3,679 Posts
i used plexiglass and velcro.....works great and after a couple months of use no probs!!....ill take pics now...

Attachments

·
Registered
23 Posts
Anyone with the tailgate lights have better pics. I am interested in the lighting from the LED lights mostly. How do they provide light from the enclosed edge. Is that edge clear? Do we have to cut anything?

Thanks, Brian

21 - 40 of 52 Posts