Nissan Titan Forum banner
1 - 4 of 4 Posts

·
Registered
9 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Sorry, I dont know how to refrence my original post but it was from around the first of the month. I was having problems with the passenger air bag as several people have. This was the 4th time, I took it in for the same thing and finnaly I was assured by the service manager that it would be fixed properly. Well after having it in the shop for two weeks, they called me today and had me come down and get it. I was all excited, since I have been driving a "Pontiac Sunfire" rental for the last couple weeks. I got home and had my girlfried sat in it and its the same dang problem, the light still does not go off. I immediately took it back to the dealer with her in it and showed them. They tried to give me the run around again just like they have every single time. I told the sevice manager that I had lost faith in the safety of my vehicle and that I would be pursuing the lemon law. He didnt seem to care and refered me to Nissan saying that his dealership "Mossy Nissan San Diego" is seperate from Nissan and it would have to be handled by them. His exact words were, "this is Mossy Nissan that needs to be handled by Nissan". I said, "well my $40,000 dollar check was made out to Mossy Nissan, not Nissan. I would appreciate any help from anyone who has had to do this. Its a first for me. All I want to do is a get a new Titan that is safety defect free. MikeZ, if your out there I could use a lil help, you were extremely helpful last time.

·
Registered
1,513 Posts
Your original thread about this is here: http://www.clubtitan.org/postlite699-.html

Maybe M4ck or one of the moderators will move your latest post to that thread and delete this one. I hope you get the problem resolved quickly without anymore hassles.

·
Registered
294 Posts
I had a Dodge several years ago and it had many problems that my dealer wouldnt fix. I would suggest you go to another dealer,and also raise hell with Nissan at a higher level. Any car can have problems usually its some bone head at the dealer that cant figure it out. These trucks are fairly new in design still and im sure there are items that dont have a fix yet. You need someone that cares enough to take some time and figure it out. Techs and mechanics get paid for production and quick fixes unfortunately they dont get paid to trouble shoot somthing like your air bag problem. I also would send letters to nissan and the dealer put it in writing that is harder to ignore. Good luck

·
Registered
255 Posts
I will help in anyway I can. There are several options to pursue. I had a lawyer send a certified letter to Nissan corp. and the dealership notifying them of not just lemon law but intent to sue for failure to repair a SERIOUS safety issue. This is really all it took for me and within a couple days, the dealership took my truck back in on trade for exact amount I paid for it and then cut me a great deal on new one. They got help from Nissan corp, They told the GM to make me happy. :wink:

Apparently the BBB is another option but I am not well versed on how it works, I only know it may take some time to get results. But usually if you win the results are favorable.

Let me know which way you want to go and I will help anyway I can.

BTW: I found the 1-800 nissan number to be a total waste of time. Just minimum wage people answering phones.

1 - 4 of 4 Posts