Nissan Titan Forum banner
1 - 13 of 13 Posts

·
Registered
1 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I am looking to level the front of my Titan, however with all the issues from Daystar I am a bit concerned. Does anyone know if another manufacturer works or is it an issue with the Titan?

·
Premium Member
2,788 Posts
Welcome Pittbull, nice name by the way.... :lol:

Try doing a search because I know it's been brought up before several times around here. I do have a question though for those wanting a leveling kit. What's the draw to have one?? I personally love the way the truck slightly rakes forward but it appears I might fall into the minority of people that do. And I've seen photos of them leveled and it looks.....well, ok I guess. Perhaps all my taste is in my mouth... :lol:

·
SHIFT_I did it the hard way... I earned it.
4,341 Posts
I like the raked look, too. I imagine the reason for leveling is to make it look like the lifted trucks without actually lifting. I don't know if it allows for larger tires or not, but that might be a reason, too. Since I'm not going way off road, I'm not worried about lots of ground clearance, either. Would like to go play in the snow, though. Mother nature not cooperating here, unlike most of the other contributors.

·
Registered
1,705 Posts
so JT do you like the 6" and 8" lift kits? or just dont like the leveler?

·
Premium Member
2,788 Posts
SMOKEDYA2 said:
so JT do you like the 6" and 8" lift kits? or just dont like the leveler?
I like the way a lifted truck looks, I'm just not too keen on these leveling kits. The pics I've seen of them almost looks as though the front is higher than the rear. Maybe it's just the way the pics are taken.

·
Premium Member
5,842 Posts
Yes they do allow for larger wheel and tire combinations. Gives several extra inches.
M4ck

·
Registered
1,573 Posts
firecracker said:
The good thing about PreRunner Greg's is, he can do it slightly shorter so the front DOESN'T look higher.
Yeah, that's the kit I went with. It's a 2" front lift and that leaves the rear about 1/2" higher still. It is hard to tell in pictures, it looks much better in person.

·
Registered
1,705 Posts
you can always use a block and some longer u bolts and lift the back end about 1-2 inches, then use the leveling kit. :D just a thought

·
Premium Member
5,842 Posts
SMOKEDYA2 said:
you can always use a block and some longer u bolts and lift the back end about 1-2 inches, then use the leveling kit. :D just a thought
That is a great idea. I bet that would give me exactly what I am looking for. and wouldnt be that expensive. With the block and longer U bolts in the back would that affect the ride or the ability to haul. Cause I do load her down occasionally. I dont want to use the usefullness of the truck. I am new to lifts. thanks
M4ck

·
Registered
1,705 Posts
m4ck said:
SMOKEDYA2 said:
That is a great idea. I bet that would give me exactly what I am looking for. and wouldnt be that expensive. With the block and longer U bolts in the back would that affect the ride or the ability to haul. Cause I do load her down occasionally. I dont want to use the usefullness of the truck. I am new to lifts. thanks
M4ck

shouldnt affect the loading capability at all :D , ride might be changed because you will have to get longer shocks in the back. there is a spacer kit for the rear at auto parts plus with blocks and u-bolts with hardwear, i think its around 15-20 bucks. one last thing that would have to be done would be to lower the rear bump stops accordingly.
M4ck do you have the JT spring helpers on your truck? the reason i ask is because with larger lift blocks they will sometimes give yuo axle wrap or wheel hop. the spring helper kit would help or eliminate both of these though. 1-2" blocks should not cause a problem though.
hope that helps :D
smoke

·
Premium Member
5,842 Posts
Helps a little I will have to look into it more. No I don not have the spring helpers yet. I will be though.
M4ck

1 - 13 of 13 Posts