Nissan Titan Forum banner
1 - 6 of 6 Posts

·
Registered
7 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Hello club titan. Im stoked Im picking up my titan saturday. Im new here so bare with me. I have an appointment for the pro comp 6 in lift and 35x12.50x17 pro comp mt and 17x8 wheels. Is there rubbing issues to think about? Is there mud flap laws? I would appreciate any input. Thanks for all the great information.

·
Go fast tester
11,912 Posts
Well normally there are mud flap laws but they would be set specifically as to where you live. You would have to look it up locally. Sounds like it should look awesome when it is done. Welcome to the site!! I'm not sure about any rubbing issues but I'm sure someone will tune in and let you know. Your gonna have to post some pics of that bad boy when you get it....and I'll hate on you because I want a 4X4 now!!

Also some bushwacker fender flares would be good for the big tires.

http://www.bushwacker.com/fender.asp

·
Registered
7 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
Sounds like a good idea. They look nice too. I heard if your tire sticks out from the fender less than 1/2 inch its legal. Seems the dealer lifts stick to 17x8 wheels for that purpose. Im sure someone knows. This club has great info. Pics and comments comming soon. Thanks

·
Registered
4,694 Posts
Welcome to the club bellpac, congrats on the new truck. Be sure and post those pics of that bad boy after the lift and wheels.

·
Registered
870 Posts
On my other truck, my tires stick out over 2 inches past the body and I have had several cops comment on it, but not one has written me a ticket. It really depends on your local laws and what you were doing to get pulled over in the first place. If you are drunk, driving like an idiot, or being rude with the cop they are going to nail you on every little thing that they can.

As far as rubbing goes, I haven't seen much data on the pro comp lifts yet, but you should be ok, if not, that is what taller bumpstops are for. I eventually plan on running 35's without lifting the truck at all. I say eventually because I have a problem taking a plasma cutter to the sheetmetal on a truck that I am still paying for. :lol:

·
Registered
22 Posts
bellpac said:
Hello club titan. Im stoked Im picking up my titan saturday. Im new here so bare with me. I have an appointment for the pro comp 6 in lift and 35x12.50x17 pro comp mt and 17x8 wheels. Is there rubbing issues to think about? Is there mud flap laws? I would appreciate any input. Thanks for all the great information.
I just picked up my Titan last night!!!! I had a ProComp 6" with Coil overs up front and resivor shocks in back. They trimmed the inside of the front mud flaps and I have zero rubbing!!!! I am running 18"X9" wheels with 325/65/18 Nitto Terra Grapplers. Same as 35x12.50's. I am so stoked on my Truck right now!!! I added a Flowmaster as well!! I wrenched till midnight last night putting a new grill and HID's. The DVD syestem is being finished as a write this, other wise I would be putting my Volant airbox on!! Oh well, I guess I'm wrenching tonight too!!!! Stoked Titan Owner, BARK41 :p :D :) :lol:

1 - 6 of 6 Posts