Nissan Titan Forum banner
1 - 7 of 7 Posts

·
Go fast tester
11,912 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
The dealer got me here. He stated that he had the truck that I wanted and he did besides one thing. It didn't have a tow pacakge. So I said well I need this and they installed one at the dealer. Well I didn't think about certain things until it came time to pull my boat out of the water and I had problems with spinning my tires, or tire!

I called the dealership immediately and complained and wanted them to tell me what we could do to make this right. Basically I was told that they don't make parts for the rear end at this time. So I would have to purchase a WHOLE new rear end from Nissan.

Anyone know how and where I can get limited slip gears for my 05 Titan.
:x

·
Premium Member
2,788 Posts
Rossi said:
The dealer got me here. He stated that he had the truck that I wanted and he did besides one thing. It didn't have a tow pacakge. So I said well I need this and they installed one at the dealer. Well I didn't think about certain things until it came time to pull my boat out of the water and I had problems with spinning my tires, or tire!

I called the dealership immediately and complained and wanted them to tell me what we could do to make this right. Basically I was told that they don't make parts for the rear end at this time. So I would have to purchase a WHOLE new rear end from Nissan.

Anyone know how and where I can get limited slip gears for my 05 Titan.
:x
Sorry to hear your story but you've officially been HAD by the dealer. A different rear-diff is not going to help you because Nissan doesn't have a limited slip option. All are open diffs except the e-lockers, and they can only be locked in 4lo. I'm not sure what would help you at this point because no one in the aftermarket world has come up with a limited slip chunk for the Nissan rear diffs yet. Maybe someday!! I hated to be the one to tell you this but someone had to.....Good luck

·
Go fast tester
11,912 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
I think they do....

Not saying that your wrong...but I am positive that I have seen that for 05 they do have a limited slip option!! This is from Nisasn's Web site

Trac Package (XE 4x2 And SE 4x2 Only)
• Rear-wheel Limited Slip (ABLS)
• Front tow hooks

XE: Requires XE Preferred Package.

SE: Requires SE Rockford Fosgate Package or SE Popular Package.

·
Premium Member
6,584 Posts
It's not really a limited slip diff. The ABLS senses a spinning wheel and applys some brake to that wheel so power is transferred to the wheel that is not spinning. But the diff itself does not lock.

·
Go fast tester
11,912 Posts
Discussion Starter · #5 ·
Well in my opinion that may be better....because this would mean that it may be a simple chip for the ALBS? Couple sensors in the rear end?

Still would rather have a true limited slip rear end for pulling my boat out of the water but this may work and help distribute the power when you loose traction. HMMM...things to think about.

·
Premium Member
2,788 Posts
ABLS wouldn't be of much help to you on a slippery boat ramp, reason is it needs to sense front tire rotation before it will start to brake the spinning wheel. Perhaps an E-locker would be better suited for your purpose but I doubt it's anything Nissan can retrofit into a truck without it. If your truck is still new with a few miles it may be worth the trip to the dealer and see if it's possible to trade into a truck with the e-locker option. It's just an idea...

·
Registered
343 Posts
I would raise heck at the dealer,make them make a trade to make things right,you had the wool pulled over your eyes!!!!Titan is a great truck with the right options for your life style!!! Get Mad!! Good luck!!!

Gregg

1 - 7 of 7 Posts