Nissan Titan Forum banner
1 - 5 of 5 Posts

·
Registered
235 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
if my titan didnt come with the electronic locking differential, can i buy like a LSD that i can replace mine with so i have posi all the time, with no electronics?

·
Premium Member
2,788 Posts
unfortunately at this time no. But I bet in the near future someone will come up with one, and whoever does it first will make a fortune!!

·
Registered
235 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
how much do u think a lsd system would cost?

·
Registered
1,698 Posts
I remember seeing them for other brands in the neighborhood of $300.

I got the offroad package and was a little dissappointed to find out the 'LD' will only engage in 4 low, so for street applications it's useless. In the woods it would come in handy.

My last vehicle (318 Dakota) had limited slip, and the Titan gets jst as good traction off the line, even with the increaesd power.

To be honest it's nice to have something that is smooth around corners and stills takes off well for a change. I was getting tired of the 'stickiness' around corners. At the time I bought, locking diff or limited slip was a 'non-negotiable must have'. It didn't quite work out as planned, but I'm still very happy.

Chief

·
Registered
294 Posts
Depending on the package you have you may have a limited slip of sorts. I have the Big tow and off road. If I spin in 2 wheel drive a slip light comes on. The owners manual says on some models it will apply brake to the tire spinning to put power to the one that isnt spinning IT does work. The limited slip units I have had from ford never worked very well. You could still spin one tire as the clutch in the differential didnt work unless the one tire was going a lot faster than the other. At least in four low we have a true lock up. It should make our trucks a beast off road.

1 - 5 of 5 Posts