Nissan Titan Forum banner

21 - 33 of 33 Posts

·
Registered
7 Posts
My truck has the trans temp stock on my gauge cluster. if i bypass the radiator will it make that gauge stop working? also does this make a big difference cause i tow a lot

·
Registered
332 Posts
No gauge still works and if you Tow alot ,,,,,DO IT, DO IT NOW! haha

·
Registered
332 Posts
And,,, Great write up. Thanks great job:thumbsup-big: MilenkoGT !

·
Registered
98 Posts
Discussion Starter #24
No problem bro. Glad it worked for you, just make sure to keep an eye on the worm clamps overtime. This has been one of my favorite mods, due to simplicity and its overall effectiveness. Your stock temp gauge will show the difference for sure especially going down the interstate. You can expect 20deg consistent drops in temperature. Also using a really good synthetic trans fluid such as amsoil or mobil 1 will help as well. Also, look into a PML transmission pan, the extra fluid (3 quarts IIRC) helps out as well.

·
Registered
332 Posts
the oversize pan is a good thing, I noticed level 10 puts them on theirs. Iam fixing to put a CSF on next week ,do you recommend the bypass even with the upgraded rad? what does everyone think? could use the guidance on this.

Attachments

·
Registered
332 Posts
Thanks for the reply 04T , If the transmission shops do this on their new rebuilds it make sense spend the money on the cooler and don't worry about it.I changed mine out yesterday.the hoses and rad that is.

Attachments

·
3,812 Posts
The bypass was a stipulation for the warranty. To get the 3 year 100,000 mile warranty on the Trans Star replacement tranny, a new rad, external cooler and bypass has to be performed.

Even if the it was not a stipulation, the tranny shop I used does the external cooler and bypass on Every tranny they install.

·
Registered
332 Posts
The bypass was a stipulation for the warranty. To get the 3 year 100,000 mile warranty on the Trans Star replacement tranny, a new rad, external cooler and bypass has to be performed.

Even if the it was not a stipulation, the tranny shop I used does the external cooler and bypass on Every tranny they install.
I would say that there's the proof,,,, you want your tranny to live longer do this mod! thanks 04T and MilenkoGT :feuerkopf2-big: and the fact that you don't have to worry about coolant mixing with transmission fluid.

·
Registered
11 Posts
I know this is old, but is 5/16 hose the size of the original hose? I plan to add this cooler and all new clamps while I'm at it and want to make sure I have the correct size hose and clamps.

·
Registered
332 Posts
what do you mean OLD,,,, only eight years since I used 5/16 transmission line on that mod. look in the pic for more spec's Old HA!

21 - 33 of 33 Posts