Nissan Titan Forum banner

1 - 9 of 9 Posts

·
Registered
20 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
For reference the truck is a 2008 CC 4x2 w/o the heavy tow package. It has the 2.9X rearend and standard side mirrors, but it is equipped with the tow hitch and 7-pin setup and the factory trans temp gauge.

Looking at the fuse box everything that says something about towing is full. Based on the two pictures below does it look like I'm good to go once I install my brake controller?

Thanks,

Brian

·
Registered
612 Posts
How much weight do you intend to tow? Your truck should be equipped to tow up to 6500 lb including luggage, passengers, gas, etc.

·
Registered
20 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
Actually that is incorrect. The truck's configuration is rated to tow 7500lbs. That does not include the weight of the truck/cargo/passengers. That measurement is GCWR (Gross Combined Weight Rating). Another commonly confused acronym is GVWR (Gross Vehicle Weight Rating) which is what you'll see on the door jamb sticker. That is the curb weight of the truck + all passengers and cargo (including what's in the bed). So GCWR = GVWR + tow capactiy. The 4x4s and trucks with the heavy tow package come with a 3.36 rear end vs. the standard 2.94 and thus Nissan rates them to tow 2000 lbs more.

My race car is 2800lbs and my 18' open trailer is around 2200. My father's enclosed 24' loaded up is a smidge under 8000lbs FWIW.

So can anyone verify that I have the needed relays already in place? I just purchased this truck two days ago and am soaking up as much info as possible.

·
Registered
612 Posts
Sorry about that. I am used to the older Titan tow ratings. Anyone familiar enough with the newer, e.g. 08 + Ts to help this guy out?

·
Registered
20 Posts
Discussion Starter #5
I figured it out.... I have all 3 relays in the forward relay box just behind the battery.

·
Registered
1,107 Posts
Looks like someone added the hitch and relays because they only came on the tow package equipped trucks. All 08s have the trans guage.

·
Registered
20 Posts
Discussion Starter #7
You couldn't get the hitch and 7-pin receptical w/o the tow-package as an option? Did it have to be dealer installed? Either way it's all OEM stuff and it's all there. I installed my brake controller tonight and it all works :)

·
Registered
1,107 Posts
You couldn't get the hitch and 7-pin receptical w/o the tow-package as an option? Did it have to be dealer installed? Either way it's all OEM stuff and it's all there. I installed my brake controller tonight and it all works :)
As an "option"?...no. But as an accessory sure. You can buy and install the factory hitch. Did you have the pigtail for the controller also? If you're sure about the rear end it has then the hitch was added.

·
Registered
20 Posts
Discussion Starter #9
No it didn't have the pigtail. I bought a 2nd Odyssey brake controller from a local buddy who used to have an '04 Titan. It allready had the Titan to Odyssey harness so All I had to do was plug it in to the existing port under the dash.

As for the gears everyone says the 3.36s turn 2000 rpms at 70mph, but mine turns 1700ish @ 70. I prefer the 2.94s for my use. The truck is my DD that will haul my race car on my open trailer. I've been towing with my Canyon for 3 years and finally decided I wanted a full-size.

1 - 9 of 9 Posts