Nissan Titan Forum banner

1 - 20 of 21 Posts

·
Registered
1,513 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Thanks to a careless driver, I now have an ugly scrape along my right rear quarter panel and damage to the associated wheel. No one was hurt. Without the right-of-way he turned out into oncoming traffic all the way into the middle lane where I was driving. I tried to swerve but came up a fraction short on my reaction time. At the very least I saved both vehicles from significant damage and possible injuries to one or both of us. I was initially pissed-off but kept my cool. Now I’m just disappointed that I can’t own a new vehicle for 6 months without some negligent person damaging it. Such is life, accidents happen, but it is going to suck having to drive around a truck that now looks like crap until his insurance company approves the $2000 damage estimate and they can start doing the repairs. They want to replace the whole body panel and wheel so I hope there will not be a long wait for Nissan to send those parts out. Has anyone had to replace any Titan body panels and if so did you wait long for the replacement body parts?

Attachments

·
Premium Member
5,842 Posts
thats a bummer man. Hope things get fixed really quick.

·
Registered
4,346 Posts
Man, THAT does BITE! As you said, "Such is life, accidents happen", unfortunately there's usually not much we can do about.

Glad you're safe, and hope all gets rolling quickly!

·
Premium Member
9,246 Posts
Shift gets nailed yesterday, then I see you get it too! There ought to be a law against people screwing up our pretty trucks!

·
Registered
1,513 Posts
Discussion Starter #5
Thanks guys. Every time I look at that scrape I want to scream. At least I have his insurance willing to give me a truck rental when it is in the shop so I can still do my job. Hopefully, it will go in on Tuesday or Wednesday and take no more than a week.

·
Registered
204 Posts
Yeah, stuff like that is going to happen, but what really gets me is the fact that there are so many morons on the road today! I'm sincerely sorry to hear about the damage to your truck. I hope the body shop does you justice.

·
Registered
1,265 Posts
Sorry to hear that. I hope your truck get fix fast. One good thing that both of you are OK...
It looks like there are scratches on the side of the bumper too.

·
Registered
1,513 Posts
Discussion Starter #8
Tyltan said:
...It looks like there are scratches on the side of the bumper too.
The damage starts just in front of the wheel on the panel and goes back toward the side of the bumper. They will probably end up buffing out the scratches on the bumber.

·
Registered
1,513 Posts
Discussion Starter #9
I've had my truck in for the body repairs almost 2 weeks now. I dropped by their shop today and they had the whole bed off the truck. They said they had to remove it to replace the right rear body panel. Almost didn't recognize it as my Titan. If I had a camera I would have taken some pics. The thing looked naked without the bed on it. I really hope I get it back by Saturday because I want to spend the weekend installing my Flowmaster cat back exhaust as well as the Carbotech brake pads and Crown SS brake lines. It's killing me to keep seeing those things just lying around unused.

·
Registered
1,492 Posts
I can relate brother. I haven't had my Titan for 7 1/2 weeks, parts back ordered, the paint guy had surgery, blah blah blah...But I am calling today and they are supposed to tell me "come get your baby!"

·
Premium Member
9,246 Posts
SimplyTitan said:
I can relate brother. I haven't had my Titan for 7 1/2 weeks, parts back ordered, the paint guy had surgery, blah blah blah...But I am calling today and they are supposed to tell me "come get your baby!"
Good luck man! Let us know if you get it back!

·
Registered
1,513 Posts
Discussion Starter #12
SimplyTitan said:
I hope you get it back today. Your lengthy body shop saga is what I don't want happening to me. I know on mine they're waiting for one part that had to be reordered because the original one was received damaged. They are expecting it in today or tomorrow.

·
SHIFT_I did it the hard way... I earned it.
4,341 Posts
Saw a Red Brawn KC in a 30 mph head on with a full size van a few days ago. Almost wanted to cry. :( Still had temporary tags on it.

·
Premium Member
5,842 Posts
LDOTITAN said:
Saw a Red Brawn KC in a 30 mph head on with a full size van a few days ago. Almost wanted to cry. :( Still had temporary tags on it.
Probably the result of an ex Hemi owner driving a real powerfull truck for the first time and it got away from him. They should put a warning label on the window for these old Hemi owners. LOL
m4ck

·
Registered
185 Posts
I know the feelling man! That sucks.Had my truck in the body shop for 3 days just to get A door crease out of it.Then had to take it back to get some scratches buffed out of the paint. Hope you get your truck back soon.

·
Registered
1,513 Posts
Discussion Starter #16
Well, the part isn't coming in until next Tuesday now. So much for adding the mods to my truck over the weekend. Looks like I have to learn to live with the F-150 loaner for a few more days. :(

·
Premium Member
5,842 Posts
Don't give up man. Wont be much longer.
M4ck

·
Registered
1,513 Posts
Discussion Starter #18
m4ck said:
Don't give up man. Wont be much longer.
M4ck
Thanks m4ck - I know better than to dedicate much emotion to this type of stress. I was looking forward to escaping for a few hours on Saturday to work on my truck. I'll just have to push that back another weekend.

·
Registered
168 Posts
Hey, M4ck..I am one of those Hemi drivers and I represent that remark...(Doh!!!) I mean, resent.
Sorry to hear Cali...you'll have it back soon, at least everyone is good, Bud...

·
Premium Member
5,842 Posts
I used to have a Dodge Ram traded it for the Titan. Best thing I ever did.
M4ck

1 - 20 of 21 Posts