Nissan Titan Forum banner

1 - 6 of 6 Posts

·
Registered
1 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I am sure this is has been covered before, but I could not find anything. The other day I heard a loud thud, almost like a baseball hitting the side of my Titan, but I could tell that it came from underneath the rear of the truck. Afterwards I have a clunking noise coming from the same side of the rear of the truck when driving over any bumps, big or small. I have gotten under the truck, spring shackles are intact, leafs are not broken, shock mounts are good, could I have "Blown" a shock?

·
Registered
9 Posts
I had something similar happen on my 2004 it turn out that the front differential was bad and was causing the gears to engage and disengage. It only happened to me while turning right.

·
Registered
746 Posts
What year is your Titan?

·
Registered
2,653 Posts
loud thud

1. If you have the utilitrac system, it could be the cover that slides. Sounds loud!
2. Check your rear springs for wear on the shackles in particular. They have unrolled and broke.
3. Grab your axle shaft to see if it's loose and slides.

·
Registered
2,653 Posts
loud bump

I am sure this is has been covered before, but I could not find anything. The other day I heard a loud thud, almost like a baseball hitting the side of my Titan, but I could tell that it came from underneath the rear of the truck. Afterwards I have a clunking noise coming from the same side of the rear of the truck when driving over any bumps, big or small. I have gotten under the truck, spring shackles are intact, leafs are not broken, shock mounts are good, could I have "Blown" a shock?
IF it was blown, you'd have a leak or be able to spring it.

Do you have a lockbox?
What mods have you done?

1 - 6 of 6 Posts