Nissan Titan Forum banner
1 - 8 of 8 Posts

·
Registered
1,265 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Am I the only one? I don't like the noise of the exhaust on my Titan. It is to noisy. I would like to make it quieter in the cabin. I am careless for the outside noise. Is there a way I can modify mine? Does the Amanda's exhaust sound the same as Titan or quieter?
I know it is a truck and that the way they manufactured it. It's not a complain. It a mod that I want to make to my Titan.
Thanks,

·
Premium Member
9,246 Posts
WOW, never heard that request before! I would think you could probobly add a resonator in line?? I am sure anything you did to quiet it down would cost something performance wise though.

·
Registered
4,346 Posts
Tyltan, About all I could recommend is a "sound deadening" material under your carpet. We've got a sponsor here that offers "second skin", that may work for you.

·
Premium Member
9,246 Posts
There you go, great point firecracker! I also wonder if taking exhaust out the back my quiet it down any?

·
Registered
1,599 Posts
Just add another resonator before the muffler. Look at one of the magnaflow round resonators and try to get the largest possible. It will really help out. Here's the magnaflow resonator on my Altima.

·
Registered
1,265 Posts
Discussion Starter · #6 ·
Sorry, What is the resonator? I am not a good car handy man. I will take my truck to the mufler shop this weekend if I have time.
Thanks all for the advices.

·
Registered
1,513 Posts
Tyltan said:
Sorry, What is the resonator? I am not a good car handy man. I will take my truck to the mufler shop this weekend if I have time.
Thanks all for the advices.
Resonators are a sort of mini-muffler used to minimize the resonance from the exhaust. Most resonators rely on reflecting the sound rather than absorbing it (using glass pack or steel wool). Here is a pic of the two stock resonators on my 2WD Titan. 4wd Titans are different.

Attachments

·
Registered
1,265 Posts
Discussion Starter · #8 ·
Man, you guys are great. Thanks CalTitan

1 - 8 of 8 Posts