Nissan Titan Forum banner

1 - 7 of 7 Posts

·
Premium Member
5,842 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I am a sallary employee as I spoke of before. Lately I have been getting woke up and called in to work time after time to fill in for a certain employee, another manager. Well a few times I can understand but this guy is really starting to cause me to have to work an unfair amount for free. While he is still getting paid. Would you look for a new job or would you confront this person and tell them to step up. This guy does not work under me he is my equal on another shift. I don't feel its my duty or responsibility to do this but I don't see it being done by the higher ups. I have either got to get a raise to cover the amount of overtime I've been putting in or work out a deal where I get time off later for the extra time I'm putting in. Tell me what you would do I need advice.
M4ck

·
Premium Member
9,246 Posts
You don't want my advice, you could end up in jail for assault!

·
Registered
507 Posts
My advice, if you want it, is to address the issue with this person to give them a chance to buck up. If no resolution after that, then go over their head and advise his/her supervisor that there is a issue that needs to be addressed. This way you have given the person a chance to do what is right. Maybe they have a good reason for missing a lot of work recently (sick family member, crack habit, recent lobotomy, ect.).

I feel you should always give a co-worker at least 1 chance to get their sh*t tight. If they fail do straighten up after that, then it's on them!!!!

·
Premium Member
5,842 Posts
Discussion Starter #5
Hmm might need to get rid of this post my boss found out I have a site and wants to visit. LOL
M4ck

·
Registered
30 Posts
I can feel your pain. I am salary too and feel I put in to many hours already for what I make. So I sure wouldnt put up with that. Its good to be a team player but there is a limit.

1 - 7 of 7 Posts