Nissan Titan Forum banner
1 - 11 of 11 Posts

·
Registered
26 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Just a quick note about the master power window switch.

I think I may have solved a mystery in my Titan recently. Neither of my unlock switches work on the T (It's an 06 SE CC 2wd). Half the switch works (the lock side). Not thinking both switches could be bad at the same time, I started worrying about an electrical problem. I was recently at Wolfchase Nissan and they were helping me diagnose another strange issue (see "Reporgram BCM to "With" Foglights) with my fogs. In the process, I asked about the lock/unlock switches and he suggested replacing the master power window switch. He said it was a bad design, but the PS switch checks for power at the master switch before activating. If the master power switch is out, then neither switch will work.

Solution: I ordered a used master power window switch on Ebay and it should be in next week. I'm keeping my fingers crossed it works.

·
Registered
746 Posts
Please keep us updated on your status of this experiment. I too am having issues with my windows. Both my rear windows are rolling up very very slow or at times, do not move at all. I am wondering if I "REALLY" need new motors or is it just the master switch??????? My model is in my signature.

·
Registered
26 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
My windows also move very slow. They have yet to stop, but they are really slow. I'll let you know if the new master power window switch affects the speed of the windows. My guess is, it will not affect the speed.

·
Registered
4,160 Posts
my drivers rear rools down but not up with main switch...lurking

·
Registered
746 Posts
^^^^ Exactly what is happening to me! I have not rolled it down or up in over 2 months now in fear it will not move. When it happened, my main switch did nothing, but the driver rear switch made the window move slowly up and I had to use my hand to push it all the way up.... It kills me because my two front windows are larger and roll up and down all day, quickly.... What gives??? LOL What is the part number for the main switch on courtesy parts? I think I will just order it and see what it does.... I'm clueless as to why all these problems are happening. Damnit Nissan...! LOL

·
Registered
26 Posts
Discussion Starter · #6 ·
Alright. I have semi-bad news. I ordered the wrong dang part for my truck. I ordered the power window master switch for a Titan King Cab and I have a Crew Cab. Didn't even get a chance to plug it in before I realized I only had 2 window switches. Back to the drawing board. I've asked the Ebay seller if I can return the purchase. He may not let me, but we will see.

Worse yet, I cannot find the correct switch anywhere. Any advice?

Mike

·
Registered
64 Posts
1. is this something you want to fix AND not go to the dealer (for even help diagnosing)-you said he 'suggested' but did he diagnos?
2. my driver 'up' switch was not functioning correctly, was stopping 2" before fully up...dealer had to 'reset' the switch...something to do w/ a emergency shut-off (so as to not crush fingers by shutting all the way - similar to your garage door not closing cuz the cat is in the way.....)

that is about all the help i can give. good luck. keep us posted

·
Registered
26 Posts
Discussion Starter · #8 ·
1. I am trying to avoid the dealership trip. I am hoping the new switch will cure the issue. If not, I will have a new switch for sale. :)
2. I'll keep you posted.

·
Registered
26 Posts
Discussion Starter · #9 ·
Alright fellas.
New switch came in from an 08 T. I pulled my Master Switch and tried to install the new Master. The only difference was the size of the plug receptacle (female) on the power mirror switches. It is different in shape (only slightly) and different in color. I pulled it out of the trim piece and replaced it with my own power mirror switch. The 08 window and door lock switch is the same for at least the 06 and 08 models.

Door locks work great on both sides now and surprisingly, my rear driver window is faster. The rear passenger window is still really slow, unfortunately.

Problem solved. I took apart my old switch and cleaned/greased it. I may try to plug it back in just to see if it was just dirty and now working. I'll keep you posted.

·
Registered
746 Posts
What did it cost you?

·
Registered
26 Posts
Discussion Starter · #11 ·
80 bucks inc. shipping from a guy on Ebay. He sold me all the front driver door trim electronics out of an 08 LE w/ memory seats.

1 - 11 of 11 Posts