Nissan Titan Forum banner

21 - 31 of 31 Posts

·
Registered
641 Posts
HRTKD sounds like Indy didn't corner the market on winter drivers that over estimate their driving skills/4x4/SUV.... I guess if I added a winch I could do that here (how do you pull a car out of a bare corn field?) instead of just rolling the window down and yelling Titan's Rule.

BB I followed that thread on his truck when I was first lurkin' around here. I'll check out the site, thanks.

·
Registered
4,395 Posts
Discussion Starter #22
whirichardson said:
HRTKD sounds like Indy didn't corner the market on winter drivers that over estimate their driving skills/4x4/SUV
We blame most of the drivers that get stuck inside the city on being from California. <g> I'm not trying to be mean, but I think there is some truth to it. Many of them just don't know any better. (The folks in Wyoming rag on the drivers from Colorado the same way.)

I drove to Wyoming in December. 90% of the vehicles off the highway were four wheel drive trucks. Over-confidence I guess. So in this case it is people that should know better but don't.

·
Registered
641 Posts
BTW I have to agree that your post on the install is really top notch! Are you have the super clean and organized garage guy? It looks pretty clean in those pics.

·
Registered
4,395 Posts
Discussion Starter #24
whirichardson said:
BTW I have to agree that your post on the install is really top notch! Are you have the super clean and organized garage guy? It looks pretty clean in those pics.
It's amazing what can be done with digital editing. <g>

It is moderately clean and organized. I painted the floor five years ago and that has helped a lot. It makes clean up quick when stuff is spilled. But the paint has started to lift so I'm going to have to do something about it.

Jim

·
Registered
4,395 Posts
Discussion Starter #26
Yeah, I agree. Nice to look at and marvel at some of the engineering that went into to. But riding in it would scare the Bajeebees out of me.

·
Registered
641 Posts
HRTKD said:
It's amazing what can be done with digital editing. <g>

It is moderately clean and organized. I painted the floor five years ago and that has helped a lot. It makes clean up quick when stuff is spilled. But the paint has started to lift so I'm going to have to do something about it.

I hear the new generation of concrete paints don't have the bubble and peel problems. My auto shop is my woodshop and garden center so it looks great about three times a year when I "clean house" then...

On that Ford...

Yea it looks cool but I kept thinkin' if I'm stepping out and I see a hot chick and miss the step wow... splat.. probably right in front of Holmes Depot on Saturday (we are guys right?).

·
Registered
4,395 Posts
Discussion Starter #29
Ditto on the auto/wood shop. I'm just glad my Delta cabinet saw is on wheels.

Jim

·
Registered
641 Posts
Oh got a Unisaw? That's what I have on the mobile base. Well better not get into wood working that's probably another forum.

This thread was very good on prepping for 4x4 offroad. I'm hoping to do some lite offroad in the next year to "test the waters" but I drive the truck all over the US and I'm not ready to convert it to full on 4x4 yet.

·
Registered
4,395 Posts
Discussion Starter #31
My original post pointed to a site that no longer exists. The archive of the install is now hosted as a PDF through Google Docs.

Mile Marker Winch Mount Install

21 - 31 of 31 Posts