Nissan Titan Forum banner

1 - 6 of 6 Posts

·
Registered
3 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Hey guys im new here. i just bought an 04 titan se and want to put a little lift under it. i want to do a 3" fron and 1" rear leveling kit. i was just curious about worrying about my control arm slapping my coil bucket. ive been reading around but only one time did i see something that says it will happen. any advice for me would be great.

·
Registered
69 Posts
I bought the same kit. I did not installed the rear block cause I liked the level look after installing the front puck. It won't happen while every day driving. Going too fast on speed bump will do or speeding on bad dirt road. I did hit it a couples times. I go OUTCH all the time, but there is a lot of steel down there. Last time I looked, there was only 2 small notch in the coil support. I just try to go slower on the next pass, but I usually forget. hehe.

·
Registered
3 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
ya, my truck is 2" lower in the front than the rear, so it should level my truck completely... but ya thanks alot, i was nevous becuase i need some extra clearance for gas well roads which i travel to go to work, but ya i was just nervous about it, ill prob buy the bump stops and stuff regardless. but about the 1" rear lift, that shouldnt hurt anything right?

·
Registered
3,659 Posts
The 1" Block in the Rear will not hurt anything. Some have ground out the front Coil Bucket for clearance just a tiny bit, as opposed to hitting. You should not have contact. Best place to get stuff like this, is from Greg at www.prgproducts.com. I had his kit for 3 years with no issues. I removed it this year and lowered my rear 2 " to match the front, and got rid of my sidesteps.

·
Registered
3 Posts
Discussion Starter #5
thats good to hear. i just want it to be level. i also need a little bit more clearance. thats why i want to raise the truck 1" i know it isnt much but i really cant afford to do 3" or more.. but i was thinkin the 3" front and 1" inch rear. and from what im hearing ill be introuble with the upper control arm will bang the coil bucket.
Simon lacaille so u put ur titan up 3" in the front then? i just want to make sure since u have little problem if its the 3"

·
Registered
69 Posts
The mini lift from PRG will give you aroud 3'' even if the aluminium puck is like 1.5'' thick. It did on mine anyway. Looks good but I want a real setup now. Can't call this problem, if I was truck racing it will. If you know the limits and don't go behond you will be fine. I'm just a slow learner... Were men and we like speed and dust everywere! Take that berry pickers! Doesen't happen to often. Mutch millage on your truck? I'd say wait, and go for a nice set when you need replacement. Still 300$ for a piece of aluminium stock and a couple bolts.

TitanBlue, I might try that, I can see where to gring now. Did you saw the results or just heard about it?

1 - 6 of 6 Posts