Nissan Titan Forum banner
1 - 10 of 10 Posts

·
Registered
88 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Bout to trade my power fold mirrors to a guy for some Big tow Mirrors, I know Ill lose power fold, puddle lights, and integraded turn signals but still have decided to do it. I have tried researching this topic alot but couldn't find a detailed post or something that was really helpful. Some of you guys thats removed the door panels and done this swap or had to replace a mirror can you give some insight? How long should this take to remove both?

BTW: My mirrors are 2009 LE trim and his are 2010 LE trim so the electrical should not be a problem. Im just curious if anyone can give any helpful advice on the topic?

Thanks!

·
Registered
81 Posts
I did my mirror swap 4 years ago and I do not remember having to take off my door panels. I went to Big Tow like I had on my Titan, as once you get use to them, nothing compares. I do remember the swap was not difficult and will try and look for the info I found on it back then.
Good Luck.

·
Registered
134 Posts
One thing to consider before screwing the door panels back:

Roll your windows up and down to ensure the wires aren't stuck under the glass.

I had to replace the passenger side mirror awhile ago. The following day, I attempted to roll down my windows. The passenger window only went down half way. Sure enough, the wire got stuck in the window slot. I had to redo everything again.

·
Registered
11 Posts
One thing to consider before screwing the door panels back:

Roll your windows up and down to ensure the wires aren't stuck under the glass.

I had to replace the passenger side mirror awhile ago. The following day, I attempted to roll down my windows. The passenger window only went down half way. Sure enough, the wire got stuck in the window slot. I had to redo everything again.
Very true. I had mine all put back together before i tried the windows. Ugh had to redo them both :(

·
Registered
88 Posts
Discussion Starter · #6 ·
I did my mirror swap 4 years ago and I do not remember having to take off my door panels. I went to Big Tow like I had on my Titan, as once you get use to them, nothing compares. I do remember the swap was not difficult and will try and look for the info I found on it back then.
Good Luck.
Thanks guys and any additional information will be great!

·
Registered
88 Posts
Discussion Starter · #8 ·

·
Registered
8 Posts
Thank You n2titan and others!

Any info on the bracket swap from XE to big tow?

·
Registered
767 Posts
I love the Big Tow mirrors. I had the regular mirrors on my SE 4x4 o/r. On my LE, I have the Big Tow. I can't do without them now. I just wish they would fold and extend with a button. It's not needed, but that would be pretty cool!

1 - 10 of 10 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.