Nissan Titan Forum banner

1 - 12 of 12 Posts

·
Registered
70 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I got bored last night, so in my garage I had a piece of Plexi and figured I would CuStOmIzE !

I have a double ram air hood that is fully functional, but with the lid off the Volant, my gas mileage is terrible. I know with my new mod it isn't forcing much cold air, but some.... Anyways, I think it's kinda cool>

Just be nice, my wife already busted my balls... hahaha 026.JPG

·
Registered
675 Posts
nice. way to get creative

·
Registered
70 Posts
Discussion Starter #4
thanks, probably not permanant, but it'll do for now. I got a lot of vibration noise from the flimsy aluminum plate that came withe the Volant CAI, but it all went away with this.

I am thinking of having my cousin do a billet one with his water jet at work. Thanks guys

·
Registered
350 Posts
was the noise around 2800 to 3000 RPM's?

·
Registered
70 Posts
Discussion Starter #7
yeah it ranged like 2800 - 3200 if I was getting on it

·
Registered
350 Posts
i have the same problem. so its just the lid huh? i was worried that it was the box moving around or some thing. Thats good to know.

·
Registered
494 Posts
Looks great.

If you don't mind me asking, what did you use to cut the plexi? I am currently going to do the same thing for my Frontier but I am still debating what to use to cut the plexi.

·
Registered
335 Posts
So can you get too much cold air? At what temp does it start to effect our MPG's.

·
Registered
70 Posts
Discussion Starter #12
I cut the plexi with a JigSaw w/ a flat blade, a little bit of dremel work, and a drill bit. The whole project took about 2hrs.

Not sure where/when gas mileage is lost, but I do know that when I ran it with no lid, I got probably 4-6mpg less. Could be the ram air hood, but hard to tell.

Thanks for all the input!

1 - 12 of 12 Posts