Nissan Titan Forum banner
1 - 9 of 9 Posts

·
Registered
4 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
hey just bought an 08 se 4x4 king cab.im very impressed with the torque and hp. generaly a chevy man but cant afford a 4x4 chevy king cab that can come close to the titan.i work out of town alot and stay in my 33' camper. its about 9400 lbs.dose ok pulling it but i could use some more torque.what headers,and mufflers would be best for torque? how about the best power chip? pulsar plugs? air filter?....

·
Registered
287 Posts
JBA exhaust and Doug Thorley long tube headers are probably the best combination you could have for torque. Its recommended not to tow with any kind of programmer or tune.

·
Registered
6,621 Posts
The bullydog GT would probably be your best bet. It has great performance tunes, and an econmoy tune and tow tune. Superchips is a good tuner too, I believe it has a tow tune. The reason I say Bullydog GT, is because it has a suction cup mounted display so you can keep an eye on A LOT of things, such as trans temp, intake air temp, coolant temp, gas mileage, etc etc. Plus you can set warnings, say you don't want the trans temp over 200, you can set a buzzer to go off if it reaches that temp. Plus when your not towing and put it on a performance tune, it gives the truck a good bit more power

·
Registered
6,621 Posts
Cbag is right about the mods, also since you hve an 2008, you may not want to change it out. The 2007+ exhaust system is good as is. The pipes are the right size already, maybe just swap the muffler out for a Magnaflow. Also look at the OBX LT headers

·
Registered
4 Posts
Discussion Starter · #5 ·
thanks for the info. bullydog gt sounds good. i herd magnaflow is good for torque. dont know about headers i herd too much exhaust flow is bad for torque.would like to go with a stillin supercharger but the wife would have a fit if i spent that much money.ill stick with the smaller things for now.

·
Registered
6,621 Posts
With Nismo LT headers and a JBA catback, I had more torque then ever needed on the street. Yes too much is bad.....like if you went to all 3" exhaust front to back, that would be bad. But adding headers and the right size exhaust piping will give you massive torque. The 2007 and newer Titans already have the right pipe sizing, just need the Magnflow muffler. Although a muffler like that is more aimed at overall performance, mainly on the mid-range/top end

·
Registered
6,621 Posts
if you got it used, then the seller may not have unlocked it from his truck. If its new, maybe you have to change what truck it is set to work for

1 - 9 of 9 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.