Nissan Titan Forum banner
1 - 7 of 7 Posts

·
Registered
434 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
It's snowing here and I was just wiping some flakes off the thing when I noticed my right front mudflap is a little loose -- the AFT portion of it, where it rests under the door. The rest of it is snapped in there ok, with the clips (in the wheel well area). Looks like the guys who built this thing on a Friday did a crappy job with the two way tape, as about only 30% of it is holding this thing on. Too wet, nasty and cold to do anything today - however - those clip/snap things inside the wheel well --- anyone pop on of these out before? They easy out/easy in, or do I need to buy a pack of four and some 3M 2-way tape for the day I get around to fixing this thing. I don't want to baffle the dealership with such a minor self-fixer. - Jim

·
Registered
4,346 Posts
Hey Jim,

Lots of people have had similar problems with thiers, too.

Definately pick up some 2-faced tape and redo that part of it when the weather gets better. Be sure to clean the area VERY well with alcohol before you put the tape on. It'll help adhesion.

As far as the clips go, yeah, the slip in and out easily. But, should only do that when the screw is removed. LOL

·
Premium Member
5,842 Posts
If you dont clean it it is going to do the same thing. You need to use something strong to get the crap off the truck in there. It is probably pretty nasty under there. Let us know how it turned out.
M4ck

·
Registered
1,319 Posts
Be careful in deep snow with these crappy mudflaps. I've torn my driver-side flap off twice now, backing up in deep snow. Dealer would not replace.....guess that means it's my fault for backing up in deep snow....lol! Funny, I didn't read in the manual about how we should not back up in deep snow!! 8O

·
Registered
493 Posts
Errgo why I just took mine off got tired of buying adhesive tape for them.. Oh yah found that supertech carb cleaner is the best for cleaning the truck and remounting the splashguard, don't spray directly on the truck use it in a rag and wipe it on same with the plastic. Happy remounting and remountig ....................................................................

·
Registered
434 Posts
Discussion Starter · #7 ·
It's definately nasty in there - will have to wait for the spring thaw...
Thanks for the info guys. - Jim

1 - 7 of 7 Posts