Nissan Titan Forum banner

1 - 6 of 6 Posts

·
Registered
113 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Hey guys, went to a shop the other day to get these kickass heavy duty mudflaps put on and they said they couldn't do it because of the lockbox. I need heavier mudflaps for this gravel road I have to drive on to get outta town. It's a 3 hour drive on gravel and I've already got WAY more stone chips then I'd like to have and I've only taken the road once. I've got a big scratch on the lockbox itself from a stone.

I had more aggressive tires put on and they're a little wider than the stock Goodyears with a more aggressive tread. These boys throw rocks, nothing absurd but it still happens. I need to tired for the gravel as they're less likely to puncture on the road.

I'm also getting stone chips on the corner of the fender where it bends inward to form the edge of the fender well.

Here are my questions:

1. Can I install a heavier mudflap?
2. Can this be done myself? Have you done it? Instructions?
3. Would fender flares freeze in the winter and crack/break from stones hitting them at 75mph?

ANY info would be greatly appreciated!

Thanks guys/gals.

·
Registered
4,327 Posts
There are not many custom fit mud guards available for the Titan. Your best bet may be
to get wide fender flares & add universal fit mud guards to the bottom.

·
Registered
113 Posts
Discussion Starter #4
Actually...I think I may sprey some linex around the fenders. Like maybe onle a half an inch or so to prevent to corner of the fender from chipping like it is right now. Plus this also solves the issue of having noticeable chips on my brand new truck.

The only thing left to do I guess is wait for custom mud flaps...damn lockbox! I havn't even discovered a really good use for it yet and it's only making things harder.

Thanks for your advise though.

·
Registered
1,394 Posts
I've found a good use for it. I think I'm going to install Onstar in there. Crazy Daddy o

·
Registered
3 Posts
Actually...I think I may sprey some linex around the fenders. Like maybe onle a half an inch or so to prevent to corner of the fender from chipping like it is right now. Plus this also solves the issue of having noticeable chips on my brand new truck.

The only thing left to do I guess is wait for custom mud flaps...damn lockbox! I havn't even discovered a really good use for it yet and it's only making things harder.

Thanks for your advise though.
I realize this Post is OLD but on our Frontier had body shop use Rockgard and Factory mud flaps. Still ate the paint on our lovely county roads.

1 - 6 of 6 Posts