Nissan Titan Forum banner

561 - 580 of 594 Posts

·
Registered
3 Posts
i just read your post on exhaust finding. very good and interesting. i am looking at
either magnaflow or gibson. i am looking for better performance while trailering my
8000 lbs. travel trailer. was considering either magnaflow single exhaust or gibson dual
side exit. was trying to avoid dual out the back with trailer behind me.
also adding a CAI.

·
Registered
4 Posts
2) Maganflow catback single exit provided the best gain period with the STOCK titan. The numbers on the website of 18 and 22 were factual peak to peak numbers. Not a play on numbers like many manufacturers do and show how much you gained at a certain rpm when you actually gained on 2 or 3 peak horsies. One odd thing that needs to be realized with this set up is it uses the STOCK Y-PIPE. I tried this set up with a custom 3 1/2" Y-pipe and lost a lot of torque. drone once again, is pretty noticeable at speeds mentioned above.

Whats the part# for this exhaust? All I find it the Magnaflow system that exits under the truck for sale. Is there a vendor you recommend for this?

Thanks

·
Registered
333 Posts
flowmaster it is not!,,,,, get a Magnaflow or Borla they are freeflow ,not baffled as in see thru!

·
Registered
62 Posts
ok what is a Helix power tower . i just put on true duals on my 2010 . the only thing i removed was the stock muffler then added 2.5 pipes straight out the back into 3'' tips now with all the help ive gottin on here and what i have found is i lost my low end so my ? is how do i get it back without spending tons of money on a new exhaust again ?

·
Registered
333 Posts
are you duels from B-pipes? you have already found the best exhaust thread out there ,,,check it out at Mightytitans also 04titanss has been telling everybody for years,,? that the titan likes skinny pipes and looking at his times it is hard to say other wise did you change whole system or just after muffler, do not seem like 2.5 would be too big on a single in dual out muffler hell I got 2.5 to 3 in a single and yeah I lost low end when I put on my JBA catback ,But know I have some more mod,( Cajun B-pipes and Uprev) and the helix PT google is good,

·
Registered
62 Posts
all i did was cut the stock pipe just in front of the stock muffler so the only thing im running is cats which dont get me wrong it sounds great and i have people talk about it all the time but at low speeds and taken off u can tell it just not there no more . and i was just wondering what mods i can put on or what i could do to regain the low end back . im hoping to put on a cold air intake and programmer here soon cause by winter i would like to add a 3'in lift and 33's so im hoping with all that it will be back to normal or somewhat close

·
Registered
333 Posts
so you don't have a catback ? must be nice and loud with no muffler haha must have lost all your back pressure

·
Registered
62 Posts
o ya its most diff loud without a muffler but it has the nice low roar when taken off . but thats what everyone ive talked to said was i lost my back pressure and low end which i guess if i have to ill add a muffler of some sort to help fix the problem

·
Registered
333 Posts
go for a 14" magnaflow 2.5 and turn down It will still be loud and Iam sure it will help your low end.

561 - 580 of 594 Posts