Nissan Titan Forum banner

581 - 594 of 594 Posts

·
Registered
46 Posts
headers and exhaust trials

Do you think you might do a stillen long tube headers and stillen 2to 1 exhaust
This is what im running and its very quick for a 5100 lb truck.

·
Registered
29 Posts
Hi. I have a 2004 Nissan titan SE king cab 4x4 and I already have an air intake on it. I only want to do a muffler swap with the tailpipe back on or muffler swap and leave the tailpipe off. I'm looking for loud but not extremely loud when I floor it. I thought about a glasspack muffler but it is to loud.

·
Premium Member
2,158 Posts
Magnaflow part numbers are in the tread above, the shorter is louder but neither is "loud".

Flowmaster sounds good, but the consensus is it doesn't flow...may even rob power.

I've only heard the Borla with headers, and with headers its extremely loud...I scare people at startup, it obnoxious in town, and it echoes off buildings, guard rails and other vehicles.

·
Registered
46 Posts
I have a 10 HMCCC. Unless your gonna go race boy, a good exhaust system will consist of a Magnaflow muffler and a set of Doug Thorley long tube headers. This is a bullet proof exhaust system that will be very very hard to beat.

·
Vendor
1,843 Posts
I was able to work another deal with Gibson that ends this Tuesday 3/22.

Both the stainless and aluminum are being offered at crazy good deals. Full warranty since we are an "Authorized Gibson Dealer", and lifetime warranty on stainless. 4 systems to choose from!

Those that want a great system at a great price, order soon!

Gibson Exhaust Crew Cab

Gibson Exhaust King Cab

These systems are $100 less than they normally are!

·
Registered
422 Posts
Another great thread is the "Proven exhaust thread by Nightowl". This is a 5 star thread over on the sister forum Titantalk. http://www.titantalk.com/forums/titan-performance-modifications/144707-proven-exhaust-thread-night-owl.html. It's so important to choose the right exhaust system/muffler in preparation for headers when those dreaded manifold cracks. The exhaust tone will totally change and there are only a few muffler that will work and not have all the CIS and rasp. Borla, JBA, 22-24" Magnaflows, Large Gibson 24" muffler forget the part number(sorry). Work great and along with the Ultraquiet resonator no drone. Stay away from cambered mufflers like Flowmaster and similar as those will have a ton of "popping" CIS/rasp with headers.

·
Registered
422 Posts

·
Vendor
1,843 Posts
I have a killer deal on full Gibson catback exhausts that ends on 7/31!

Both the stainless and aluminum are being offered at crazy good deals. Full warranty since we are an "Authorized Gibson Dealer", and lifetime warranty on stainless. 4 systems to choose from!

Those that want a great system at a great price, order soon!

Gibson Exhaust Crew Cab

Gibson Exhaust King Cab

·
Vendor
1,843 Posts
New Extended Black Friday sale, prices updated lower than ever on this system!!!

I was able to work another deal with Gibson! This one is smoking~~~. Gives a nice bump is gas mileage and sounds great.

Both the stainless and aluminum are being offered at crazy good deals. Full warranty since we are an "Authorized Gibson Dealer", and lifetime warranty on stainless. Those that want a great system at a great price, order soon!

Gibson Exhaust Crew Cab

Gibson Exhaust King Cab

I did this a few months ago and many ordered and love this setup.

·
Registered
1 Posts
I have an 06 and in the next week or so I am going to install a new exhaust. My truck right now is all stock. I am leaning towards the JBA headers and cat back. After install is there anything else I would have to do?

581 - 594 of 594 Posts