Nissan Titan Forum banner
1 - 5 of 5 Posts

·
Registered
294 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I was thinking about this today. During my College years I drove a yellow short bed Datsun pickup. I think it had a 1800cc motor with like six horsepower. I went to school in the mountains so I was all the time going over Monarch pass in this little loaded down truck.On the big hills We usto laugh about the rubberband breaking . It would only pull 45 mph floored in third (up hill). That little truck took a beating for several years. It was a 2 wheel drive but you could take it anywhere. When it got real cold out it would back up in neutral all by itself. I had to put wood blocks behind the rear tires.

·
Registered
1,319 Posts
I can relate! In '81, I bought my first truck. It was a '75 Datsun 4X2. Drove it into the ground. Gutless, but indestructable. I also owned a '72 Datsun and a '82 Datsun KC...my first 4WD truck. My Titan is the first Nissan I've owned since. Had many trucks like Toy, GM's, Fords and Dodges in between. The Titan rules them all!

You mentioned Monarch Pass.......are you still in the Colo area? I live just west of Denver, in Arvada.

·
Registered
185 Posts
Hey me too. My first vehicle was A 76 datsun truck. It was orange in color but I did alot of mods to it. I lowered the truck to the ground,Put rims and tires on it,custom rear Tarp and A booming stereo.I got this truck in 1986.There was not alot of aftermarket parts for it at that time but I managed to fix this little truck to be a real head turner.It was A great little truck.I will see if A can find A pic of it. :D

·
Registered
254 Posts
Not a truck, but...

I had a Black 1979 280ZX in college. Great car at the time.

·
Registered
294 Posts
Discussion Starter · #5 ·
I went to College in Gunnison CO, at "Wasted" (Western State) I still live in Littleton CO. When I go to Arvada now I get lost it has grown so much.

1 - 5 of 5 Posts