Nissan Titan Forum banner
1 - 3 of 3 Posts

·
Registered
51 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I took my 3 week old Titan into my longtime mechanic for it's 1K mile oil change and he was amazed at the undercarriage engineering of the Titan. He is a certified Nissan mechanic (his brother and father are also), and they had never been underneath the Titan. They all three stopped work to come get to know it. Some of the really positive things they pointed out:

- The boxed beam frame braced by SEVEN cross over braces. They have never seen a truck chassis this well reinforced. They said that the big three trucks frames terminate just after the cab - they do not even go all the way to rear.

- At the engine area, they were amazed at the "mechanic friendly" thought that went into designing it to be easy to pull the engine, transmission. For example, the rack and pinion assembly is a cartridge resting on one of the crossover braces.

At that point I suggested we change the subject - that I didn't see them having to do any of this major work until we get to around 200K miles or higher.

For all of you Houston, Texas fellow members, I would like you to be aware of this great small scale family Nissan repair shop. They are near Antoine and 34th Street and are Northwest Car Repair - ask for George Ortiz - (713) 956-1113. They have done all non-warranty work on my Tundra and three diffferent Lexus cars over the last 7 years, and cannot believe how honest and fair their prices are: Example: Tundra oil change using my OEM filter and my Mobil 1 oil - they charge $12 bucks! They charged me $32 using Nissan OEM filter and 5W30 oil (they provided both).

And best of all: THEY WERE AMAZED AND EXCITED TO WORK ON THE TITAN!

Tom

·
Registered
42 Posts
Your post got me to thinking. It might be useful to have a listing of preferred/trusted dealers and mechanics. Maybe a sticky post in the regional forums? Just a thought.

Your mechanics sound like the folks I go to. Father and son shop, both certified Nissan mechanics. Good people, they do quality work and don't charge an arm and a leg. It's just that with the new truck, they won't be seeing me much until the warranty runs out...

·
Registered
1,492 Posts
I can attest to the outstanding frame and build of the Titan! My body shop said the three trees that I slammed into should have totaled the truck. It is straight and true after being put on the frame machine. as of yet (knock on wood) there are no mechinical problems. I am simply amazed at the time and effort that went into this truck. The accident was violent yet I felt completely safe in that truck.

My mother was a general manager for Mazda for years and she would tell me horror stories about the products that Ford (owns 35% of Mazda) would rush out the door knowing that things were not to standard. Hey everyone hear that the F150 has problems with it catching on fire just sitting in a owners drive way? Faulty cruise control modules are to blame. I am very impressed with Nissan and I think this will not be my last Nissan vehicle.

1 - 3 of 3 Posts