Nissan Titan Forum banner

1 - 14 of 14 Posts

·
Registered
238 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
These pics are 3 days after cleaning my truck and it’s always like this after 3-4 days. I punch it a lot from 20, 45 and 55 a lot. I only drive 7 miles to work so it’s not from the highway and it’s not dirt or all fender wells would look like this. Does anyone else with a white truck get this? My truck is a 09 LE BT and my only mod is the air box mod and K&N drop in filter.

Also one day I had my truck in tow mode, rolled through some water and made 2 black marks on fresh white concrete for as long as I was in it and had no idea I was spinning that far.

So are these trucks spinning on dry concrete and we don’t know it?

Attachments

·
Registered
1,676 Posts
.......sorry for some reason I thought I had a multiple post LOL

·
Registered
1,676 Posts
The only way you will get to put any mark down on the street is if you have a programmer of did the burnout mod.

·
Registered
451 Posts
That's just the Goodyear falling apart!

·
Registered
1,107 Posts
I have the white as well and the only time I get that is if I use a crappy brand of tire shine stuff. Other than that....you may have a leaky axle seal.

·
Registered
23 Posts
I just LOL'ed:feuerkopf2-big:

·
Registered
238 Posts
Discussion Starter #7
oh ok. I always just spray it on and never wipe the tire shine in- I always use good stuff though.... hearing some of the comments makes me think you have to scrub tire off and this stuff is powdery soft and wipes right off.

·
Registered
61 Posts
You should also use Westley's tire bleach before you wash. It will really clean the old shine and dirt out of the rubber. It then allows the new coat of shine to soak in.

·
Registered
1,676 Posts
when you drive, the force of the tire spinning makes the tire shine come off. I have the same problemwith the stuff I use

·
Premium Member
1,037 Posts
wow that's alot of grease. i used Ice tire shine, comes with a brush and sprays on. never see that happen with my T.

·
Registered
23 Posts
Try using an applicator for the tire shine. It wipes the left over’s down to were it won't spray as much. Or cut out a diameter of your wheel from a box and use it to cover your wheel and spray the tire with the shine. There you won't get the wheel all greasy.

·
Registered
4,396 Posts
What you have there is a case of WTS or Wet Tire Sling. Less tire dressing or better quality tire dressing will help.

·
Registered
1,211 Posts
Yea looks like tire shine spray, it slings off the tires and then any dirt and dust sticks to it making it look black.

1 - 14 of 14 Posts