Nissan Titan Forum banner
1 - 15 of 15 Posts

·
Registered
5,342 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I changed the engine oil this weekend and put in the normal 7 quarts. After warming the engine today I checked the level and it showed on the low side. So I added the rest of the gallon jug for a total of 8 quarts. The dipstick now shows just below the high mark. Maybe the AMSoil 0w-30 synthetic doesn't expand as much when warm as conventional oil does? It's not like that dinky little oil filter from AMSoil is any different in size than the OEM filter. I don't know where it's all going. I do let the old oil drip out for a good 15 minutes but that can't make more than a half cup of difference.

·
Registered
869 Posts
Damn, 8 quarts.... I would say you got the thirsty edition Titan...

·
Registered
4,239 Posts
I think there is a published spec that states a Dry Block Titan holds about 8.2 Qts. Would be hard to locate that now. It may be in the SAE White paper. Must have drained pretty well!

·
Registered
5,342 Posts
Discussion Starter · #5 ·
No loose nuts - except for the driver. I have the Fumoto drain valve by the way. It's on right. No drips underneath. My garage floor is painted so it's easy to see any drips.

·
Registered
1,174 Posts
Hmmm that's no good.

I wax expecting worse from the title lol. I haven't driven mine for awhile. I think November of 2009.. Too many issues so sat in the driveway.

·
Registered
2,464 Posts
Glad I read this thread... reminded me I still need to purchase that Fumoto Drain Valve!!!

·
Registered
5,342 Posts
Discussion Starter · #9 ·
Here: http://www.quickoildrainvalve.com/
or here: http://www.qwikvalve.com/home.php

I think they are the same thing and same price just different retailers. I have the F-103N.

If I could figure out the right size for the transmission plug i would be all over that too. When I dropped the plug on my transmission pan the oil gushed out and splashed all over the place. I wasn't prepared for it. The valve I use on the engine oil pan had spoiled me.

·
Registered
5,342 Posts
Discussion Starter · #12 ·
It is heard that the engine of this vehicle works really good and gives very negligible problems. It is a bit surprising to know about the problems in the vehicle from this discussion.
Huh? Looks like a troll post to me.

·
Registered
70 Posts
did you get the oil thing figured out...was it just thursty?

i too need to get the oil drain valve...thanks

this is gonna be a breeze compaired to my 15 qrts. in the diesel...but i did like the drop in cartridge style better as well..

·
Registered
5,342 Posts
Discussion Starter · #14 ·
I dunno. My Titan must have a hollow cylinder. I figure if I can put in 8 quarts and the dipstick doesn't tell me it's overfull then I'm going to assume that I'm real good at getting all the old oil out.

1 - 15 of 15 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.