Nissan Titan Forum banner
1 - 7 of 7 Posts

·
Registered
621 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
My first offroad trip to Coal Creek went very well. I played it safe by opting to pass on the hard core trails. None the less, it was a blast learning a little about the truck.

4wd Low, with the rear end locked...Wow, can you say Tank. The low gearing set my mind at ease on a couple of hill descents. Absolutely awesome. I'll push her a little harder after she gets broken in.

Here's some pics before I left:

This one shows a few trails in the background:

These photos are of a smaller hill climb.

And here's my 5yr old son checking out the windmills at the top of the mountain:

With the exception of one of my rear mud flaps dragged the ground once, I made it out without a scratch.

I'll be back!!!

This is also my first time posting pictures. Let me know if you have any problems seeing them.

·
Registered
1,705 Posts
pics look good man. that is one thing that ive torn up pretty bad is the rear mud flaps, man i hate that

·
Registered
91 Posts
Looks like fun! I posted this question over in the intro section before I found this tread. I downloaded a map of the area, did you try out the "moderate" trails? How bad are they really? It looked like the "easy" trails were just gravel roads.

Looks like I am about 80 miles away, I am definately going one weekend now!

·
Registered
621 Posts
Discussion Starter · #5 ·
CaptainBay3000 said:
Looks like fun! I posted this question over in the intro section before I found this tread. I downloaded a map of the area, did you try out the "moderate" trails? How bad are they really? It looked like the "easy" trails were just gravel roads.

Looks like I am about 80 miles away, I am definately going one weekend now!
My truck only has 800 miles on it. Because it's not yet "broke-in", combined by the fact that no other vehicles were with me, I did not get too aggressive or go on any moderate trails. I stayed close to the main gravel roads.

However, there are some "playgrounds", for lack of a better term, off these main gravel roads to have a little fun, consisting of mud holes, hill climbs, etc. I'm not going on the "trails" until I have another vehicle with me, just in case...

It was as fun as it looked. You don't have to tear your truck up to have a good time.

·
Registered
91 Posts
I would have done the same, you can't do much until you get past the break in. I was just curious as to how rough the "moderate" trails were. I wouldn't mind driving through the woods, but I don't want to dive off into any big rutted mud holes. I only have 4,000 mi on mine and still hate to get it dirty.

·
Registered
80 Posts
:lol: Off-roading is way cool isnt it. I have question LOL why do they call 2wd titans offroad LOL also has anyone else with 4wd ever wonder why it does not advertise it anywhere on exterior. I have noticed Dodge has nice chrome 4x4 emblem. Ideas?

1 - 7 of 7 Posts