Nissan Titan Forum banner
1 - 20 of 23 Posts

·
Registered
1,492 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
So most of you by now know my Titan was involved in a spar with a few trees and unfortunately I lost...
It happened on 22 Nov. You notice the date being the 2nd of Jan. Well I was to have it back before Christmas, then a few days after Christmas then at the end of last week. I have since burned my vacation time and my rental coverage with the insurance company is maxed and still no Titan!

Well I spoke with the body shop, who has always been top notch, and he is paying for the loaner because the guy who was working on my turck had quaddrouple bypass surgery last week.
So I am now promised my truck this week hopefully by Thursday or Friday. Anyhow just wanted to vent, thanks for listening! Keep the body man in your prayers as well, have a great rest of the day!

·
Premium Member
5,842 Posts
Will do man and hope you get your truck back soon. I would be going crazy without my truck for that long.
M4ck

·
Registered
185 Posts
I know the feeling man! My truck will be going into the body shop hopefully soon to pull out the dent on my passenger side rear door. They told me it would be around 4 days till I get it back. I am to have A rental till then.Just want to get it over with so I can get my Titan back. :(

·
Registered
1,513 Posts
That's a tough situation. I do hope their employee fully recovers, but you'd think they would have had someone else pick up the slack on your truck. Mine is going in tomorrow for what should be a total of 4 or 5 days of body work. Hopefully there will not be any delays.

·
Registered
1,492 Posts
Discussion Starter · #5 ·
My wife can't wait for me to have it...she's tired of me moping around the house...lol.

·
Registered
235 Posts
i no the feeling, i only have a small golfball size dent in the passenger side of the bed, and i can feel my babies pain, luckily a friend of the family is gona come over to the house and fix it in about an hr or two so i wont have to lose my love. good luck hope u get ur truck back and hope the employee recovers well (just a thought, maybe the horrific damage to such an excellent truck played a part in the heart failure)

·
Registered
1,492 Posts
Discussion Starter · #7 ·
I went to the shop today and finally got to see the truck. It's painted just needs the glass installed and interior door panels and the like. I have a Crown Vic for now from them...I feel like all I need is a whip antenna and a CB and I would be a country cop...lol.

·
Registered
1,492 Posts
Discussion Starter · #8 ·
8 1/2 weeks and they are nearly done, a few clips for the passenger door and it supposed to be complete. In review i had the following replaced, had new chrome mirrors, door handles, chrome bumper, doors (front and king kab), fenders, front windshield, passenger side glass, mud flaps, windows tinted again, ventshades and lots of little pieces...So it should be done tommorrow, which would be 2 months exactly. I am really hoping and praying that it comes home tommorrow...

·
Registered
235 Posts
i no it is a horrible question to ask, but could u maybe post some before and after pictures?

·
Registered
1,705 Posts
hope it comes back good as new :D

·
Registered
1,492 Posts
Discussion Starter · #12 ·
Yep. I have the before, I'll post em when I get my digital camera going...I saw it yesterday and everything is good to go excpet a trim piece on the passenger door. It looks great!

·
Registered
120 Posts
I hear ya buddy, lost mine for three days to repair the break-in damage. Now it'ts gotta go back for another full day to fix the $%^#! crappy work the body shop did! Man whatta ya gonna do. Good luck man, hope you get yours back soon and in better shape than mine was.

·
Registered
168 Posts
I feel for ya', Simply...But that's simply BS! I hope the guy's OK and doin' fine, but he's probably the only one that knows anything there...hence, your're delay, but you shouldn't be subjected to this treatment. That's along time for a repair of that nature and you should tell 'em...Unless, you'd rather have this guy be the one to do it! :wink:

·
Registered
1,492 Posts
Discussion Starter · #16 ·
OK here are the before pics. Sorry they are in black and white, I'll post the color ones if anyone wants them. I got the truck back yesterday and the exterior is really well done. I'll post those soon. The interior is a different story, there are several items, trim pieces that are on back order. I am afriad my electrical is screwed as well. I had it out last night and the damn horn just started going off! It may have been my fault, have had no repeats of this but both airbags are not working. My wife or myself was unable to set off the airbag light on the passenger side and the drivers side is blinking ...anyone have any ideas? I am taking it into Nissan for that problem. The body shop did a great job and it still has to go back in a few weeks when those backordered parts make their way there. I will get the after pics soon.

Attachments

·
Registered
1,492 Posts
Discussion Starter · #17 ·
next...

Attachments

·
Registered
1,492 Posts
Discussion Starter · #18 ·
Driver's side...

Attachments

·
Registered
153 Posts
Nobody got hurt, I hope (other than your Titan...)

·
Premium Member
5,842 Posts
Man you really did a job on it. Hope they get all the other stuff worked out. I would stay on them. I am kinda suprised it wasn't totalled out from the looks and the things you say are still wrong. Good luck man.
m4ck

1 - 20 of 23 Posts