Nissan Titan Forum banner
1 - 20 of 28 Posts

·
Registered
28 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Gentleman,
Quick question about nitrous...wondering what systems people are running..dry vs. wet? And if running wet, at what power level (100hp+)? And where is the extra fuel pump is placed on the wet systems? Also curious if people have had success with the K&N intakes that have the MAF sensor incorporated. Also curious if any one is using the Banks exhaust? I am deciding between that system and the Gibson. And finally does anyone have any ideas on how to firm up, quicken, and move shift points on this tranny?
What I'd like to do is go with a cold air system, highest flowing cat back system, and a good nitrous system. I'd like to try and get into the low 15's/high 14's. Anyput is greatly appreciated.
Regards,
Sam

·
Registered
1,705 Posts
dont run dry nos it will lean it out and cause damage. there is a guy running a 50hp wet shot and knocking a second off his quartermile time. says anything above a 50 shot and there are no positive affects, he has no aftermarket fuel pump though just stock. thats probably why he cant run more then a 50 shot, the pump cant keep up.
as for the k&n FIPK I have one and havent had any problems, there all right for MAF sensor as long as you dont over oil them. I also have a gibson duel side swept catback exaust. with these 2 mods im running a 14.81 @ 93.6mph and a 0 to 60 in 6.8sec.
the guy running a 50 shot of nos is running in the high 13's in a crewcab. he has an aftercat exaust and a drop in filter with box mods. but no intake.
I dont know anything about the tranny firmness though. hope that helps

·
Premium Member
5,842 Posts
Dont think you are going to be able to do anything about the shift points until later next year hopefully. The aftermarket for the Titan is really just starting to see companies jumping into making products for it. It will still be months before we see anything like this.

·
Registered
1,705 Posts
i just wrote a email to the venom company asking about a venom 400 control module. they responded and said they were planning on making one for our trucks and that one of the things they will do is to improve shift points, air fuel ratios, timing advance, and others. they said that they do not have the information or parameters on our computers yet and to write back in 1-2 months and they will have more info for me, mabye even a part #. so hold on a control module is coming for our trucks

·
Registered
1 Posts
Hey smokedya2......is your time/trap at a track or Gtech......trap seems high from what I've seen for our trucks. ET sounds ok but trap is a few mph higher than I have seen NA.

·
Registered
1,705 Posts
KL99SEA said:
Hey smokedya2......is your time/trap at a track or Gtech......trap seems high from what I've seen for our trucks. ET sounds ok but trap is a few mph higher than I have seen NA.
thats a track time, ran the g-teck at same time and got same ET but speed was 2 mph faster. stock for our trucks ive seen anything from a 15.0 @ 92mph to a 15.3 @ 89mph depending on packages. my best time I got is with 1/4 tank gas, no tailgate, and no spare tire. exaust and intake mods. knocked 2-3 tenths off time and 2-3 mph faster, thats right at what other people with same options are getting. the guy running NOS is hitting a faster trap then i am when hes not pushin button and he has a crew cab, mines only kc. it all depends on driver, elevation, temp. of air, and humidity.

·
Registered
1,705 Posts
The Head, is the gentelman running in the 13's. I belive his last posted time was a 13.97 @97.4 mph with the 50 HP shot

·
Registered
28 Posts
Discussion Starter · #8 ·
Thanks for the input

Thanks for all the input. Do you guys have any thoughts on this scenario?? Instead of a NISMO supercharger why not go with a 150-200hp progressive NOS system? Am thinking that as long as an addtional fuel pump can feed enough fuel to the engine it should not be a problem. If one can keep the engine from going lean and/or detonating I think this may be a cheaper/better option than a supercharger. Secondly I wonder if the supercharger kit is going to come with extra goodies like more robust con rods, con rod bolts, lower compression pistons, good headers, etc.
Regards,
Sam

·
Registered
1,705 Posts
personnally I would rather have a supercharger then a 150 shot of NOS, just because I like the idea of having the power on tap at all times and not just when I push the button. would rather save for supercharger 8O

·
Registered
174 Posts
If you are going to mod your truck all that much, you may have to go to Hypertech to have them build a custom power programmer for your ride. Their existing programmers enable you to adjust shift points and shift firmness, raise the speed limiter to match the tires you're running, etc. They don't have one available for the Titan yet, but they'll have one soon. Their programmers are designed for mostly stock configurations, with a drop-in filter and a catback system. Like I said though, if you install headers, a CAI, etc. and send them the info, they will build you a custom programmer to match your modifications. Also, most modern blowers do not require any engine mods at all. They are bolt on kits. I believe that they come with an ECU that will adapt your engine to the blower.

·
Registered
1,705 Posts
I have called and wrote hypertech several times asking about a programmer for our trucks, and every time I got the same answer "We only make products for chevy ford and dodge, none for nissan." they aslo said they had no plans to ever make one for our trucks.
I have got good response from the company Venom about there venom 400 control modual, its in the works basically.

·
Registered
411 Posts
I run a wet system. No extra fuel pump. I did hook up a mechanical fuel pressure gauge and determined that I was jetted way rich on my fuel. I have popped in a set of ~75hp jets (with the right fuel pressure factored in) and run a [email protected] mph. On the same night I went [email protected] mph. It was cold (like 55 degrees) but there was about a 8-10mph headwind (hence the lower mph).

Right now there is only one company I know of working on a programmer for the transmission. Here is the link to their site - it is still in work.
http://www.powertraincontrolsolutions.com/modules.php?name=Content&pa=showpage&pid=4

·
Registered
1,705 Posts
great to hear from you again the head, i see you droped your time with nos again, good job. how is the computer running while your on the button? you got your OBD-2 laptop hooked up now right? whats your fuel pressure at now with the 75 shot? our trucks are defintly cold blooded, its 10 degrees up here in michigan and you should feel the power it puts down being that cold out 8O :D

·
Registered
1,705 Posts
ooops clicked that twice

·
Registered
28 Posts
Discussion Starter · #15 ·
NOS and air temps

Gentleman,
Thanks for the input. The tranny in the Titan is one of the few things I'd change. To me it is slushy and slow when shifting up or down. At any rate I have looked at NOS systems, and I am leaning that way. Am curious to know which system the head is running? Thinking that mid to low 13's are possible on the bottle at 100-150hp. Now wouldn't that surprise the hell out of some people? The Venom 400 also looks interesting. I guess we'll have to wait and see if that comes to fruition. The supercharger may be the most interesting option out there (when it becomes available), but I personally don't think that 490hp (if those figures are accurate) is going to come reliably from any small block V-8 that doesn't have lower compression pistons, stonger con rods, bolts, good headers, etc, etc. Hopefully we'll have an answer this spring. I am really interested to see some dyno figures and what mods are going to be necessary for the supercharger. By the way cold air does rock for making horsepower. Can definetly feel the difference here in Denver when it is cold. Beats the heck out of summer when it is 100 degrees out and the DA hovers around 10000ft.
Regards,
Sam

·
Registered
411 Posts
I bought a used wet system on Ebay for $310. I've spent some $$ on stuff like a bottle heater and some fittings to plumb it. Closest thing that is "new" from NOS would be the 05131 part #. There are other kits out there and any generic wet kit would work. I'm still having inconsistent results from anything over 50hp.

My logged data shows that I'm still rich, even on the runs that I'm not getting any gains from dumping more nitrous in. Fuel pressure remains at 51psi no matter how big of a fuel jet I run. Timing actually shows more advance than just motor, again no matter how much I dump into it. But the thing is, this scanner takes time to get the data points. The more parameters I request, the slower the logging. So I'm still not quite getting the data that I would like to have but it is encouraging.

For the life of me, running rich and seeing no or little detonation has me puzzled why this thing just doesn't respond the the nitrous after 50hp with any solid, consistent results.

Are they advertising 490hp for the supercharger? I'll believe it when I see it. That's a huge gain to be throwing onto these motors.

With just ~75hp jets I'm almost running mid 13s. I would think with a 150hp you'd be knocking on the 12 second door.

·
Registered
1,705 Posts
the pics and claim of 490HP are somewhere on www.freshalloy.com its under the whats new section

·
Registered
411 Posts
Apparently he "talked to a guy there". I'm just skeptical at a 185hp gain. Not saying it can't be done but if it is going to be Nismo and come with some kind of warranty that it will not tear the truck up, I'd be really surprised.

·
Registered
1,705 Posts
i dont believe the 490 hp at all. with a decent supercharger intercooler combo I could see 100 to 120 HP and mabye another 110-125 ft lbs of torque. that would have to be at 10-12 psi also :!: as far as i know nissan is not going to warrenty the SC through nismo :(

·
Registered
235 Posts
how much is this s/c kit gona be you think? and do u have to change engine internals to effectively run the s/c or are stock internals strong enough?

1 - 20 of 28 Posts