Nissan Titan Forum banner
1 - 10 of 10 Posts

·
Registered
82 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
hey all, going to have the front windows done and need some advice. i want the tint to match the factory tint of the back windows. from everything i have read it looks to be 20%. thoughts?

also, i am going to order a magnaflow muffler and wanted to get thoughts on 12256 versus 12586. is the only difference going to be that the 18" will be a little louder?

·
Registered
1,676 Posts
I have 2 14" magnaflows and they sound soft at idea and cruise and at WOT loud mean and nice

·
Registered
116 Posts
hey all, going to have the front windows done and need some advice. i want the tint to match the factory tint of the back windows. from everything i have read it looks to be 20%. thoughts?

also, i am going to order a magnaflow muffler and wanted to get thoughts on 12256 versus 12586. is the only difference going to be that the 18" will be a little louder?
yeah make sure you match the back because i got the medium tint in the front and its to light and im going to have them redone next month!

let me know what your paying for the magnaflow please and how you like it.thinking of doing the same thing!

·
Premium Member
1,037 Posts
i thought the 20 was limo tint. i got mine done to match and i thought it was 30%. its been a while so i'm not sure, I know 20% can get you pulled over here, lots of shops don't want to do it or issue a firm warning. so i think 30% matches the back.

·
Premium Member
363 Posts
to match the tint in front it is 20% i just had my redone last summer and have had no probs with the cops at all if you really read into the tint laws well at least in pa as long as they can shine a flashlight through your ok i think 5% is limo tint

·
Registered
116 Posts
to match the tint in front it is 20% i just had my redone last summer and have had no probs with the cops at all if you really read into the tint laws well at least in pa as long as they can shine a flashlight through your ok i think 5% is limo tint
not here in illinois! im still going to get mine redone to match the back because the shop i went to have two different mediums and i went with the lighter one instead of the darker one to match the rear doors!

·
Registered
49 Posts
I have 2 14" magnaflows as well and I love the way it sounds. The tint is 20%

·
Premium Member
1,037 Posts
yur right, 20 is the match, 5 is limo. yeah these mid-west states are petty on equipment laws. but not emission laws. some turbo diesel can bellow out clouds of black smoke and be ok, but if you have a blue or red under body kit they'll pull you over just because they are the same as emergency vehicle colors.

·
Registered
69 Posts
had 20% on my last car ( S2000) and never had a single problem.everything was illegal) i am going to black out the rear and do 20 up front. but yes 5% is limo.

1 - 10 of 10 Posts