Nissan Titan Forum banner
1 - 17 of 17 Posts

·
Registered
2,653 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I've been doing my research and it seems I keep coming back to your website so now I thought I'd ask your opinion on a set of tires.

Here's my situation.

I have a 2004 4x4 Offroad/Big Tow package titan. PRG minilift.
I have a set of 285/70/17 BFG AT/KO tires that I want to save for when I really need the.

A friend gave me his 20" NISSAN TITAN ARMADA FACTORY wheels that have 275/60/20 tires on them. (Michelin Latitude Tour HP) These tires are for luxury SUV's and great for pure driving on dry pavement-that's it.

SO, I'm looking for a set of tires in 20" that I can drive as my everyday driver and that will work very well in rain as that's what North Carolina gets most of the time.

I've thought about the Cooper Zeon LTZ in either 285/50/20 or perhaps a bigger tire in 305/55/20. But since I already have a set of off road tires, I was hedging my bets by getting a set of more street tires.

I was thinking about the Cooper Zeon XST or the Pirelli Scorpion STR.

I should add I was looking at the Falken Falken Ziex S/TZ-04
s

Any other suggestions?

·
Premium Member
9,246 Posts
How about the Michelin LTX M/S2, thats what I am leaning to.

·
Registered
2,653 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
The Michelin LTX M/S2

How about the Michelin LTX M/S2, thats what I am leaning to.
I checked those out when you posted up on your thread.

I'm hoping to find the most tread depth I can get. Max size I could go would be 275/60/20 with 12/32. It's definitely a significant upgrade to the Michelin Latitude HP's.

And I decided that they are better than the Pirelli Scorpions in terms of tread depth and wear.

Against the Cooper XST's, the same tread depth and less mileage but I'm buying a stickier tire.

The Michelin LTX M/S2 is a great tire all around but just as heavy as the BFG AT/KO's if I compared the 285/70/17's so for a street tire, it's overkill and won't aid in reducing rolling mass of the tires.

If I was to get an off-road tire, I would try out the Cooper Zeon LTZ's.

Thanks for the input-maybe we should each buy a different set and then do a comparison?

·
Premium Member
9,246 Posts
While I agree they are heavy, they are also low rolling Resistance tire. With tread design, so far as a street tire, I am thinking they are going to give the smoothest, quietest ride with good gas mileage also. I am trying to stay away from an AT tread design to achieve those goals, and the only way you get the higher tread depth is to go into a more aggressive tread design.

EDIT: I just went through and checked tire wieght for all tires in the size I am looking at, 275 70 18 and this Michelin is not a heavy tire , it is average or even a little below average weight of all the other ones I looked at. (11 tires)

·
Site Sponsor
409 Posts
The Michelin LTX M/S2 is a great everyday tire. I would definitely consider BixLL's recommendation. I would also recommend looking at the Bridgestone Dueler H/L Alenza. These have excellent water channeling and a 65,000 mile warranty.

Give us a call if we can help you more. We would love to earn your business. 1.888.459.4080

·
Premium Member
637 Posts
TOYO........that's all i have to say....best tires i have ever used.....

·
Registered
24 Posts
Hey guys, I bought a set of the Michelin LTX M/S 2's (Discount Tire) in size 275/70 - 18 back in October and am extremely satisfied with the purchase. I avg about 60 miles round trip daily to work and they are very quiet and really smooth on the road. I've played around in the snow that we had back in December and January and had no issues whatsoever!! I only have 2wd, with the prg mini-lift and upgraded shocks, and they really fill the wheel wells with no rubbing at all. Prior to these I had a set of Michelin Pilots that were good (way better than the crappy goodyears from factory), but were 265/60 - 18, so speedo was off and they were a much softer compound and didn't have quite the mileage ratings as the LTX M/S 2's. My speedo is now spot on when compared to my gps and Superchips tuner. Sorry for the lengthy response, but thought you would like to hear from someone that has these exact tires. Have a great day!!

·
Premium Member
9,246 Posts
pba3760, PM sent to you.

·
Registered
2,653 Posts
Discussion Starter · #9 ·
Final results

Here's what I got.

305/50/20 Falken Ziex ST04
20x8.5 KMC XD Rockstars

Great price, great service at Discount Tire!

Attachments

·
Registered
2,653 Posts
Discussion Starter · #11 ·
Last look of the truck

It's been awhile since I've last see you or your truck. at least the truck is look'n good! lol
Wish yours was around.

I have a nice new door ding I have to get fixed; courtesy of an idiot who was racing out to her car in the rain and simply flew her door open and hit my truck. She knew she did it and drove off before I could get her license plate...

·
Registered
2,653 Posts
Discussion Starter · #12 ·
My new tires

The Michelin LTX M/S2 is a great everyday tire. I would definitely consider BixLL's recommendation. I would also recommend looking at the Bridgestone Dueler H/L Alenza. These have excellent water channeling and a 65,000 mile warranty.

Give us a call if we can help you more. We would love to earn your business. 1.888.459.4080
You did earn my business for which I appreciate.

I just tried the Falken's out on the sand over July 4th and they performed far far better than I expected. They floated quite nicely on the sand-I was planning on airing them down and didn't have to because they never dug in!

Now to go find me some rain...

·
Site Sponsor
409 Posts
Kronos1965,

Thanks for your business. We always appreciate all feedback on how the tires perform.

You crack me up with your rain remark. We are in Phoenix AZ so we don't get much rain. We had a huge dust storm last night instead of rain. The cloud was estimated at 50+ miles wide and 2 miles high. What a mess.

Keep us informed as to how they do for you.

·
Registered
575 Posts
I'm going to piggy back on this thread ....

I just want to thank all the guys at Discount Tire at the Millbrook location for rescheduling my appointment on the 27th of Dec. I was in and out in no time flat. I love the new tires and was very pleased with the service I received there. Thanks guys for making it fast and hassle free!!!!

Thank you Kronos' for the recommendation.

·
Registered
2,653 Posts
Discussion Starter · #15 ·
Discount Tire

I just want to thank all the guys at Discount Tire at the Millbrook location for rescheduling my appointment on the 27th of Dec. I was in and out in no time flat. I love the new tires and was very pleased with the service I received there. Thanks guys for making it fast and hassle free!!!!

I was just there on Saturday getting my Falkens rotated.

15 minutes!

I asked them about pricing for a 5th wheel for my Falken set so that I could have one in case I get a flat. Jeb said he'd honor that sale price I had six months ago! They're amazing.

One of their managers had moved over to their shop in Knightdale so now I can recommend that one as well.

Glad you had a good experience!

·
Site Sponsor
409 Posts

15 minutes!

I asked them about pricing for a 5th wheel for my Falken set so that I could have one in case I get a flat. Jeb said he'd honor that sale price I had six months ago! They're amazing.

One of their managers had moved over to their shop in Knightdale so now I can recommend that one as well.

Awesome guys! Thank you for your continued support!

·
Site Sponsor
409 Posts

15 minutes!

Awesome guys! Thank you for your continued support!

1 - 17 of 17 Posts