Nissan Titan Forum banner

1 - 11 of 11 Posts

·
Registered
55 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Ok guys heres the problem, i had big plans for my truck until i quit working off shore. Now moneys limited and i still dont have a programmer or tuner. I do have a k&n cai, and a banks exhaust. Do i go ahead and get the $500 uprev (cant get $700 cause do have anyone to tune it for me locally) or should i go with something else; if so which one?

·
Registered
746 Posts
Are you going to install headers in the future? if not, you can get Bullydog or Superchips. If you plan to install headers or cams, save yourself the time and money and just get UpRev. Mind you, with your current mods it may not be a big difference, but at least you have it for the future.

·
Registered
55 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
ok since i dont have anyone to tune it for me tune it for me, will the 500 uprev still work as good i have an 04 by the way, and thanks for the help.

·
Registered
4,396 Posts
Uprev will still work with what you have. I'm about in the same mod situation as you are and I have Uprev. Some day I'll add headers and I'll get a retune from Uprev to give me the biggest bang for the buck.

·
Registered
1,107 Posts
Without mods, the uprev is overkill and won't give you any more power than the cheaper handheld tuners...and they're roughly half the price. They'll still get you up to a 26 HP gain, the ability to do the 2 degree advance mod and removal of any throttle restrictions. But if you'll be doing major upgrades, the Uprev is the better tuning tool because it can be personalized to your mods.

·
Registered
746 Posts
ok since i dont have anyone to tune it for me tune it for me, will the 500 uprev still work as good i have an 04 by the way, and thanks for the help.
The $500 standard one is what we all have, but we purchased it for $700 ($780 with shipping) two years ago. It will work perfectly for you. Good luck with your choice.

·
Registered
746 Posts
^^^ X2... I'm curious. LOL What did you get yourself for x-mas man?

·
Premium Member
235 Posts
superchips tuner works well. they even claims it works with short tube headers. I had uprev until my ecu fried. in the mean time I am running the superchips program on my truck(2004 model) and it had a little giddy up to it. once i'm ready I wil be switching back to uprev though.

·
Registered
55 Posts
Discussion Starter #11
i dscided to just start saveing up and getting the uprev, it only a lil more and its worth haveing just in case i win the lotto and get everything i want in it.lol

1 - 11 of 11 Posts