Nissan Titan Forum banner

41 - 54 of 54 Posts

·
Registered
7,563 Posts
Discussion Starter #41
plm7878 said:
Well I just got home from the dealership and it was not a fun trip. I had to call shailey to school the tech on cutting the wires. Yes this is true. Then the tech was on the Nissan computer for around 2 hours and had to call the help desk. Well the problem is that when the wires melted it blown a fuse in the fuse block on the fire wall. So he replaced the fuse that was labled O2 sensor fuse and reset the codes. Then he test drove my truck and no more codes.. So now I know there is a fuse for the O2 sensor if this happens again... Thank you Shailey & Stillen for you help today.. .

So on the way back to the house, I stopped by Kurk"s house to install the N-fabs and it was a great install. They look good on the truck. Good news is Kurk's wires are done right, so he will not have to deal with the dealership.. I want to say thank you all the help on this problem...
And I want to say THANK YOU for buying me lunch and helping me install the Fabs. I'm happy that you are now wired correctly my friend !!

·
Registered
1,111 Posts
I like the N-Fabs on the truck.. It makes your truck taller...

·
Registered
4,757 Posts
I hope that this will be a good thread for someone down the road that may have this problem. I will be honest I learned something on this one. I would not have thought of a blown fuse for an O2 sensor, but it happened.

But at least they stepped up and helped you out on this one and didn't "cut" the wires and redo them the way that was about to happen. That could have been a disaster.

·
Premium Member
6,584 Posts
Just in case someone needs to know the fuse for the O2 sensors is a 10 amp, #54 in the IPDM E/R.

·
Registered
7,563 Posts
Discussion Starter #46
scr38 said:
Just in case someone needs to know the fuse for the O2 sensors is a 10 amp, #54 in the IPDM E/R.
Good stuff guys.. This is what I most like about CT .. The stuff you learn and the stuff that gets shared to hopefully help others out down the road. .

·
Registered
1,276 Posts
scr38 said:
That code is for the Bank 1 Closed Loop. (Part of A/F control)
See attachment.
It won't hurt to drive for a while with this code. The ECM goes into a fixed mode for the A/F ratio control. The ratio won't be adjusting to optimum but it will run an a safe fixed ratio.
(P1065.ECM Power Supply Heater )Anybody know what this codes means?

·
Premium Member
6,584 Posts
Look at attachment

Attachments

·
Registered
1,276 Posts
scr38 said:
Look at attachment
Thaks 38.I got this code after a failed flash.I cleared with cipher and ses light went away but said there where no codes found.Why do the think the code came up but then when I cleared it it said no codes found?Thanks.

·
Premium Member
6,584 Posts
What is the condition of the battery in your truck? If your battery is in poor condition it could be causing all the problems you have been having.

·
Registered
1,276 Posts
scr38 said:
What is the condition of the battery in your truck? If your battery is in poor condition it could be causing all the problems you have been having.
I haven't had any problems with it but it's a 05 with the original battery.It reads 11.8 to 12 v before starting according to cipher.

·
Registered
1,276 Posts
Rossi said:
I think mind always reads 12.4 or so....I don't think I have ever seen it below 12 on Cipher.
I know the battery is close to the end of it's life so I'll probably go ahead and get a new one.

·
Registered
1 Posts
Well I just got home from the dealership and it was not a fun trip. I had to call shailey to school the tech on cutting the wires. Yes this is true. Then the tech was on the Nissan computer for around 2 hours and had to call the help desk. Well the problem is that when the wires melted it blown a fuse in the fuse block on the fire wall. So he replaced the fuse that was labled O2 sensor fuse and reset the codes. Then he test drove my truck and no more codes.. So now I know there is a fuse for the O2 sensor if this happens again... Thank you Shailey & Stillen for you help today.. .

So on the way back to the house, I stopped by Kurk"s house to install the N-fabs and it was a great install. They look good on the truck. Good news is Kurk's wires are done right, so he will not have to deal with the dealership.. I want to say thank you all the help on this problem...

Did they (dealer) ever replaced the O2 sensors as you mentioned or just the fuse? I have P1168 and P1051 and replaced AF Sensor1 B2 and check fuse ok, but service engine light still on

41 - 54 of 54 Posts